Anyone use TunesText? It's not working...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by polycat33, Sep 11, 2007.

1. polycat33 macrumors 6502

I've been using the TunesText widget for a month or so now and it was working great, just as it should (searching for song lyrics for the song currently playing in iTunes in the background, embedding the lyrics into the file)... but recently it has stopped working. It doesn't pull up any results, it says something about saving a blank file. It has also been "unexpectedly quitting." I don't see an update for it, I have version 0.72 or 0.7.2, whatever it's called, and it seems that's the most recent. Anyone having the same problems? Any tips? I tried uninstalling it completely (it, it's plist, and some other weird plist files related to "desktopia"??) and then redownloading and it still doesn't work.

Also weird is when I go into the settings for it there's a "search again" button and when I click it I get all kinds of results, some with the name of the artist currently playing and a lot of different song names... however it pulls up the same list of possible matches no matter what artist is playing (except attaches the right artists name).

I've attached an example where it pulled up "Get Buck," "Ghetto," "Ghetto (International Remix)," "Ghetto Gospel (DJ One Remix)," for both James Blunt and Linkin Park (with the Linkin Park one having a couple extra matches, but also all the same ones as the James Blunt).

Attached Files:

2. polycat33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well since there was absolutely nothing on "troubleshooting tunestext" on google and no one responded hear I searched google for "get lyrics itunes" and found a couple other program suggestions. I went with pearlyrics, which is also a widget which works the exact same way basically (except I miss TunesText displaying the album art as well as the lyrics). I also got an iTunes applescript called Needle Drop that allows you to set your music to play just 10 or so seconds of it. This way you can run that (I set it to 5 seconds to be safe, with my internet connection I was getting results in 1-2 seconds but I'll be sleeping anyway so why not be safe?) on mute and go to sleep or something, and it will run through all your songs, so when you wake up all your songs will have embedded lyrics. This is also a plus because embedding the lyrics caused the song to pause for a second at the beginning, and that was annoying. Once all the music has lyrics already there is no more pause in the music and everything will run smoothly.