Anyone use Twitter on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, May 20, 2014.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Am I going mad or was there a new feed on there that you slid once from 'home' and you had 'favourites'. You could see all people you had favourited and nobody else in the list. It's disappeared as quick as it came?

2. bearwrestler macrumors regular

Did the twitter app update? sometimes that messes with things. It might just be the way that apple updated it. :/

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, 14th May update, that was the last one, and it must've disappeared then. Don't get why they'd introduce it then remove it without mention.

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

It does look like it's vanished.

Maybe due to low usage? I know I never really saw the point.

5. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Think it was to only read people you want to, without unfollowing the ones you don't, so as not to offend... Probably.

6. bearwrestler macrumors regular

You are probably right. My bet is that Apple deleted it. :/ Sorry, buddy

7. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Wonder why they got rid. I found it quite useful.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going mad and it was actually there before....!

8. bearwrestler macrumors regular

Nope! :) Apple just does stuff like that all the time :p

9. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Hah! So Apple would do that rather than Twitter you think?

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

You are saying there was an update released to the Twitter app that included that and you updated to it and then the update disappeared from the App Store and your app reverted to the previous version as well? What version was that?

11. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Not sure that it was the previous version. I just know that particular part of it has been removed. There's so many updates you never know why or what changes. There was certainly nothing in the description that said it was being removed.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

I guess I'm trying to figure out if you are saying that a whole update was removed and your app actually went down a version on its own, or if you are saying that simply a feature within the app is no longer there (without the app itself somehow reinstalling a different version).

13. bearwrestler macrumors regular

One of those big CEO dudes who gets paid millions and millions probably decided it, and demanded one of his techy minions to make it so. Whether or not is it Apple or Twitter, I'm not at liberty to disclose. (because I don't know)