anyone use USAA deposit@home?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LucasLand, Oct 27, 2009.

1. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

I've had no problems depositing my bank checks using USAA's deposit@home until I installed Snow Leopard. Anyone else have same problem? I think the java is screwed up. Usaa knows of the problem , but doesn't know when it will be fixed

2. Wee Beastie macrumors regular

Hey, did you ever resolve this issue? I am actually attempting to use the service for the first time. I scan and crop everything using their web app and when I click submit I get an error message.

I am currently attempting on windows with a wire connection. We'll see... Anyway, if you resolved it, please let me know how! I'll let you know if I come up with anything as well.

3. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I'm trying to remember if I had any issues after installing Snow Leopard... I've been using the iPhone app for a while now.

I think the most common issue I've faced with the desktop app and iPhone app is poor check image.:confused:

4. Wee Beastie macrumors regular

Okay that's cool. If you do happen to try it in Snow Leopard with success, let us know! Frankly, I have no real reason to suspect that the operating system is the source of the problem.

I ended getting it work with the following:
    - Windows Vista (Bootcamp install)
    - IE 7
    - Canon MX330 all-in-one
    - Wired connection

It took FOREVER at first, but once I got one to process successfully, the rest went quite quickly. So that is good. It definitely killed my whole morning, but if everything goes smoothly from here on out, it will be well worth the effort.

5. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

I'm still on 10.5 (and love USAA's Deposit@Home), so I can't make any comments about Snow Leopard compatibility. But, I did just deposit a check via the USAA iPhone app and had no problems with that either. It was actually easier than dealing with a scanner.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's a well-known SL/Deposit@Home issue. Lobby USAA to fix it... seriously, it's the only problem I've ever had with them. USAA rocks.

7. Wee Beastie macrumors regular

I think so too. I feel like they have done a good job of embracing the whole online banking concept. I mean it is probably out of necessity given the nature of the bank, but still....

Anyway always a good experience with them (even if I have to use windoze to deposit checks :p).