Anyone use ZAGG invisishield on 3GS? or Wrapsol?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vivithemage, Sep 3, 2009.

1. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I used it on my first gen and 3G, should I get one for my 3GS? Hrmmm....I don't want the screen to get scratched, and these have been the best protectors I have ever had.

But i remember reading something about how the 3GS has a different/better/scratch proof screen??

EDIT :

Anyone have any pictures of the Wrapsol on the front of the iphone? That is where I plan to get it. I have been reading some good things about Wrapsol.

2. scotland007 macrumors regular

i have had one on my 3GS since launch day, no problems.

3. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

cool, I just noticed the screens seems...glossier/nicer? Wasn't sure if it was wise to put the invisishield on or not.

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

The only difference in the screen is that it has an oleophobic coating. If you check out the accessories forum you will get a lot more info.

5. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

Any feedback on the Wrapsol? I have never seen/used it, but I have read it has a matte finish? Not sure i'd like that.

I only want a face cover, not a whole body cover.

6. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

The Wrapsol has a very nice matte finish for the back skin. If you don't want a skin for the back of the phone then don't get the Wrapsol. In fact, I just threw away the front skin that came with it. I have a BSE skin on my screen and I love it. I had the Invisishield before and I didn't really like it as much as the BSE and the BSE is MUCH cheaper.

7. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

why is BSE so much better then the two? I hadn't even considered them.

What's wrong with Wrapsol's front?

8. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I liked the BSE better then the Invisisheild because I thought the screen was clearer and the feeling is a lot more smooth. I thought the Inivisishield had a stickier feeling to the screen which I didn't like. Also, the BSE is 25% of the cost of the Invisishield.

I never put that Wrapsol on, but other people say it's just too thick. I'd recommend the Wrapsol if you planned on using the back, but if you don't plan on using the back then there's no point in buying the Wrapsol.

I've used the BSE on an iPod Touch, Treo Pro, and now my iPhone. I bought one for my friends iPod Touch over a year ago and it still looks great on it. I just installed it on my gf's new Blackberry Curve. IMO, it's the best screen protector you can get for the price. Zagg inflates the price because they can. People think they are getting the best product from them since it has the nicest box and are sold in Apple Stores.

9. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

Odd, I have used ZAGG IS for my old curve, SE, ipod touch, sony camera, etc...I like it. But with the iphone, it was a little too thick...and worsol didn't look think, and one specific youtube I watched, they said the worsol almost feels like there isn't even a protector there.

10. lonnielove macrumors regular

I just put my rapsol on and im already loving it i will use it with a cozip full body case. so that it will not scratch the back, i dont need too much protection as i never have dropped my phone, but im keeping my reflective screen protector on it so no need for the front part mybe when it gets all scratched up.

11. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Another vote for BSE here. I've had them on all of my 3Gs and both of my 3GS'. Customer service is excellent. ZAGG offers lifetime warranty on their skin which I guess would make the $24.95 seem worth it but if you have a problem with your BSE, shoot em an email and they'll replace it for free*.

*speaking from personal experience. results may vary.

12. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

I use a ZAGG IS. I'd rather it than having my phone naked.

Oh and I don't like how the Wrapsol doesn't cover the bezel? I might be wrong, but I think it doesn't.

13. lollicup macrumors regular

the wrapsol is a useless product

its no better than a sticker

bodyguardz/IS/BSE will cover your corners + chrome bezel

14. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

I just got an email from ZAGG offering the following promo.
    Unfortunately, their site seems to be down (either they're following the Apple model of taking the site down to make changes or they messed up and didn't anticipate demand, etc.)

Spend $100, get free ZAGGphones over ear headphones or USB laptop speakers.

COMBINABLE with 'Buy 2 items, 20% off, 3 items, 30% off' (but total needs to be $100 after discounts)

And FREE shipping!

I might bite the bullet and get an Invisible Shield. I have their earbuds but I prefer over ear headphones.

15. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

I just got that email, too. But $100 worth of products is too much from ZAGG. The iPhone full body IS costs $24.99..

16. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Wrapsol is an awesome product, search for the wrapsol thread and you'll see that everyone who got it loves it.

I've used Invisible Shield, Bodyguardz, Best Skins Ever and Wrapsol. Currently I have Best Skins Ever on my phone prior to that I had Wrapsol. I only switched out of boredom.

I prefer the feel and texture of Wrapsol and it ahderes just like the other skins not like a sticker (fool). It doesn't cover the bezel but most skins that do cover the bezel get dusty and nasty anyway.

In my opinion Best Skins Ever is the best by a hair, but Wrapsol is a close second and IMO has a better feel than any of them. It is finger print and smudge proof! If Wrapsol had full bezel protection I would no doubt choose that. The wrapsol looks amazing on the phone, worth the trade off I think.

Don't listen to people who spout BS and have never used the product.

Zagg Invisible Shield is garbage, they cut their skins with long flaps for the bezel that ALWAYS come off. Don't waste your money on that crap. If you are going to get a full skin make it Best Skins Ever (it's far cheaper and better than IS), but seriously consider Wrapsol. Best Skins Ever has the best cut for full protection by far but Wrapsol no doubt will stay on the longest.

I have installed well over 25-30 of these skins, I know the pros and cons of every one.

17. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

OP try a search next time, you can see from the Wrapsol thread that EVERYONE that got it, loves it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=750727

I just re-read your post, you are looking only for the front??

In that case get Best Skins Ever. Wrapsol on the front is thicker than IS or BSE, I didn't like the wrapsol on the front, but on the back it's amazing.

Wrapsol fron't is the same exact stuff as the others just a little too thick for my liking. Why wouldn't you want this stuff on the back as well?

I can't stand the feel of the skins on the front, too tacky and takes away from the feel of the Iphone screen.

18. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Yeah, but I need a bunch of items because I give them away as part of my YouTube contest. Besides giftcards count toward the number of items AND the dollar value. And the giftcards are valid til 12/31 and you might know others who could use the audio or installshield items. The holidays will be here soon!

So, I placed my first order for $110, which was (2) $50 e-gift cards and a 3G front shield. Got 30% ($4.50) off the price of the shield (because I had 3 items in order) PLUS free ZAGGphones!

My e-giftcards already arrived; placed another order for 2 ZAGGbuds, got the quantity discount, another $100+ total, and another free ZAGGphones, and used the $100 giftcards to pay.

Bottom line, for $100 + $10 + $20, I got a face shield (which I wanted), plus 2 ZAGGphones and 2 ZAGGbuds to give away!

19. lollicup macrumors regular

I have had my Bodyguardz rear shield + Power Support Anti-Glare on my 8G iPhone 3g for several months. My phone is almost completely covered since the bodyguardz wraps all the way to the front of the chrome bezel.

best of all no peeling and no lint collection

The key is to

a) Proper Installation ( clean iPhone with Alcohol, use gloves on installation)
    b) Allow phone to dry for over 24 hours
    c) For the first week keep pressing any lifting corners
    d) After the first week, cut any lifting corners with a Nail cutter

I have seen pictures of the wrapsol, and the corners + bezel are completely exposed = useless

btw nice double post Ferris23 :/

20. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I didn't double post. I had two thoughts, two separate posts. It isn't useless as the parts exposed are minimal, it's NOTHING like a sticker like you posted and any skin that covers the bezel ends up looking gunked up. Have fun cutting and nipping at your corners until you eventually nick your phone in the process.

Bottom line is that you have never used wrapsol and honsetly have no clue so don't call something useless unless you have actually used it. Again read the feedback in the Wrapsol thread, EVERYONE who used it loved it.

I've used ALL skins numerous times and applied them for numerous people. Best Skins Ever is the best for full coverage, Wrapsol is the best for overall texture, look and finger print and smudge prevention.

21. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

+1 for Wrapsol!

I love it. Agree with a previous poster and threw away the front skin that it came with. IMHO, it was way to thick.

The back skin is the best. It does not cover the full corner though. I think the others do a better job there. But, I wasn't looking for full coverage. I bought it for the matte finish and love it. I've received many compliments on it too.

22. lollicup macrumors regular

It does not cover the entire phone, especially the corners and chrome ( areas that easily get scratched)

If you can live with that its a good skin if you want a matte finish

23. kim6ball macrumors member