Anyone used Afloat in Leopar?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mwxiao, Nov 20, 2007.

1. mwxiao macrumors regular

I used afloat in Tiger to keep a app window always on top. But it seems that it is not working in Leopard.

Anyone had same experience?

BTW, do you have any suggestions for a similar application?

2. adjei7 macrumors member

Install the latest SIMBL, and (you will have to uninstall the old one first by deleting the SIMBL folder from user/library/applicationsupport and user/library/inputmanagers) and then install the stable build of afloat. That should get it working on Leopard.

Best to check the Mac HD/library folders also for uninstalling the old SIMBL

3. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

I contacted the creator about this, his response:

A Leopard version was planned for January, but urgent matters (aka my
    graduation) have preempted it; a tentative release date would be in
    March, but I don't know if it's going to slip.

4. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

I've just stumbled across this topic, and adjei7's solution work. :)

I emailed the developer recently as well. He said the same thing as above; busy with graduation, but hopes to have it finished within the next few months. He said he didn't want to put a time to it, because it would most likely slip.

Well, I'm happy that I've got Beta 3 working with Leopard :)

5. WeR1Family macrumors newbie

IT IS POSSIBLE: aFLOAT on LEOPARD

Download Afloat 1.0 Stable Version Beta 3 (NOT Afloat 1.0b4)

Go to developer's site and you can still download the Afloat Stable Version Beta 3 on dmg. Open the dmg file, then use ctrl-click to Show Package Contents of the Afloat.PrePane file. Inside Contents>Resources, you'll find the Afloat.bundle. Drag that file out and drop into:

/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/

Restart any application, go to its menubar, you'll see Afloat exist under Window>drop-down menu again! Yeah :D (Credit to ELEGRAPHY at http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/22237#descContainer_link)