Anyone used Incipio cases before?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by i-Want-Apples, Sep 24, 2008.

1. i-Want-Apples macrumors regular

I'm trying to decide on a case for my iPod touch, aside from the BodyGuard I will apply. I've been looking around at the various options and I kind of like some of the cases that Incipio offers, but I'm not sure about them and if the cases are good for the iPod Touch. I have one of their folio cases for another player, overall I like it, the quality is decent, they could have adjusted it a little because the case goes over the screen a little bit, but other than that is it pretty good... the only thing is I'm not a big fan of the folio cases, I think it would especially be a pain for the iPod touch for playing games and things.

I like the dermaSHOT and the duroSHOT and I really like the SILICRYLIC. I'm kind of leaning toward the SILICRYLIC because it looks like it is a plastic case on the outside, but has a silicone layer as well. I like silicone cases, but cannot stand how they collect everything and according to their site their silicone doesn't do that, so I was just curious if anyone has used their silicone cases and if this is really true or not.

Thanks!

2. fake1009 macrumors member

incipio is a good brand very durable.

Only complaint about the dermaSHOT is that it collects way too much dust in your pockets. Either you keep it in your bag or you have a fuzzy white lint covered black dermashot case! Makes your touch look really nasty.

3. i-Want-Apples thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks... That's kind of what I figured. I've used a few silicone cases in the past because I liked how they looked, but the just seem to collect everything and don't last but for a few minutes before they look really nasty. They claim the cases are "anti-static" but I wasn't so sure I could believe that.

I'm leaning toward the SILICRYLIC case for sure now. I like that it has the plastic on the outside, so it doesn't look bad, but the silicone should provide some extra protection in case the unthinkable happens :eek:

Overall I think the cases look nice, too bad the images appear to be computer generated, but I think I will get one and see what it looks like!

Thanks again!

4. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I have a Sycrllic (sp) for my 3G iPhone and it's a quality case though I'm now going with Switcheasy as I think those cases are a notch better.

5. i-Want-Apples thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for mentioning SwitchEasy. I looked at the cases and they look pretty good as well... If you don't mind, what reasons are making you want to switch over to SwitchEasy? I was just curious if it was more quality issues, the look, etc?

Thanks again!

6. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I had the Capsule Rebel but switched to the Neo and am very happy with it. I like the fit and look a little more than the Incipio one but the Incipio was a very good case and you'd not go wrong with one.

7. i-Want-Apples thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info... After looking over their cases I think I may be leaning toward SwitchEasy now. I like the look a little better than on Incipio.

I think I may get one of each and see which one seems nicer.

Thanks again!