Anyone used macwarehouse or pixmania

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ajo, Oct 25, 2007.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Macwarehouse used to be very kosher. They've been taken over by PC World and are operated as a separate brand and division, so they're completely legit.

3. weckart macrumors 68040

Pixmania is part of the Dixons Store Group so it is just lovely.

Prices can be appear attractive but once they have your email they will never stop mailing you "offers". Never. Ever.

[edit] just spotted Blue Velvet's message. DSG is taking over the world.

4. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

With pixmania through quidco I can get the base 24" iMac (Core 2 Duo 2,4 GHz, 1024 Mb, 320 Gb) for £1012 which seems pretty good.

The only thing is if it goes wrong etc I cant imagine quidco being any good!?

5. Addo macrumors member

I've heard that the Pixmania customer service is almost useless - But I don't have any personal experience of that - only being bombarded with their 'offers' to my Gmail spam folder.

Seeing that you'll be going through Quidco what's the price at Apple? Quidco is currently 4% and there are a few discount vouchers flying around to get a few more £'s off. Also I'd say Apple would be more likely to send out newer stock than those DSG owned shops - and I think Apple will have free delivery too so that's worth taking into consideration of the total cost?

For me I'd rather buy from Apple! :D

6. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

pixmania is 3% back to the total order price

apple is 4% back to the price excluding VAT

john lewis is 3% back to the price excluding VAT but you also get free 2 year guarantee

7. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

update... with a voucher and quidco I can get another £30 off so that brings it to £982.... is this to good to miss?