Anyone Used "SurfacePad" from Twelvesouth ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by augustya, Feb 18, 2014.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Has Anyone used this ? "SurFacePad"

http://www.twelvesouth.com/product/surfacepad-for-macbook

It Protects your palm Rest area on the Mac ? I was thinking between having this or the Moshi Palmguard though I have read a lot of feedback about people having used Moshi's Palmguard I have not come across anyone who has used SurfacePad. So anyone who has used the this product from Tewlvesouth on how is it ? does it let the rMBP close completely. is the screen safe after using it ? Does it causes any abrasion, scratches etc...

2. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I bought it for my rmbp but noticed upon installing that its for the cmbp as they stated apple states its not necessary to have one for retina. its slightly wider, so you'll have to do some slight trimming. I wanted a leather or suede as to not cause sweat stains, and blk matches the keyboard best.

feels great, ever so slightly cushion, doesn't make me sweat and no issues with the screen.

3. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

So you are using the company TwelveSouth has not made anything specific for the rMBP ? for both rMBP and cMBP it is the same thing which goes ? Right ? And when you say it is slightly wider ? And will have to do some trimming ? What do you mean exactly ?

One more thing have you seen Moshi's Palmguard do you think that would be a better thing to apply or this thing Surfaceapad ?

4. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

just check out the specs on twelvesouth's website and it will state that there is no palm guard for the rmbp. have not seen moshi's version.

slightly wider meaning its the guard is slightly wider than the surface of the laptop.