anyone used the belkin network usb hub?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wannabe07, Feb 11, 2009.

1. wannabe07 macrumors member

I've been considering the Belkin Network USB Hub as an alternative to the various Apple options for wirelessly networking printers and hard drives. Has anyone used it or have any words of wisdom about it?

Thanks!

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

I don't know for sure but I heard that only one person can access the device at a time. That wouldn't work very well for a hard drive. Again this is not personal experience.

3. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I have one and its okay. I probably wouldn't suggest it if you only want wireless printing and remote storage. Its not bad if you want to hook up a usb speaker or webcam or scanner. I would also look into silex products, I believe belkin basically uses their components and even repackages their drivers for their software.

4. wannabe07 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the tip about Silex - I took a look at their website and it does look like they make some items that fit more what I want. I did read that the Belkin only lets one user connect to each peripheral at a time, but I wasn't really sure if that would be a pain or not. The only downside to the Silex option is it looks like most of their products cost more than the Belkin.

I would like something to wirelessly network two printers (one multifunction) and an external hard drive (which I would use for time machine). Is there anything else that I should look at in order to do all of that?

Thanks again for your advice.