Anyone used the "Kensington Notebook Stand with USB Hub"?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by redsteven, May 5, 2009.

1. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

I was thinking of purchasing the Kensington Notebook Stand with USB Hub.

Has anyone used this? I would use it with my macbook pro. I'm just wondering whether my macbook pro will actually open up far enough for me to use it with the stand lol. As you can see from this picture, the laptop has to be opened pretty wide.

Also, the description says that it helps improve air circulation around the laptop. Does it really? I mean, to me it looks like your sandwiching the laptop and therefore even decreasing circulation over the top of the unit.

2. redsteven thread starter macrumors 6502a

redsteven

6 days ago I contacted Kensington support. It's taken several exchanges, but today I got an email from them finally saying they would get back to me with the exact levels the stand can be adjusted to.

I was concerned because I wanted to make sure my MacBook Pro could open up wide enough to use the stand. Kensington should really have made either pictures or a video available online showing how the stand is available... but they didn't, and I didn't want to wait over a week just to get that information from them.

So I ordered the Logitech Alto Connect Notebook Stand + 4-Port USB Hub from NewEgg.
    I got it in about two days, and it works great. I'm also far more confident in it's ability to dissipate heat because it elevates the laptop substantially and very little of the stand actually comes in contact with the laptop. This is in sharp contrast to the Kensington stand, which effectively sandwiches the computer.