Anyone uses ClicktoFlash for safari on there MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kbt1020, Apr 15, 2010.

1. kbt1020 macrumors regular

I haven't received my MBP yet, but from what I've heard, it works really well. I don't see a lot of mention for it though even the things I have read say that it's a great program. So anyone here uses it and does it help a lot w/ the CPU usage on the MBP?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No real need to use it for a MBP. I do use it for my hackintosh netbook though. It's great.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It works perfectly for me. I don't pay attention to the CPU usage, but it does a great job of blocking unwanted flash... makes flash-intensive sites load faster.

I'm curious as to what your reasoning is?

4. kbt1020 thread starter macrumors regular

Why no real need? Isn't Flash a CPU hog for Mac in general?

5. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

I'm not fond of the number of flash ads that open up when you open certain sites. I have clicktoflash on my MBP and I'm glad that it exists.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, Flash is a CPU hog, relatively speaking, for any OS and any browser. It makes a world of difference, in my browsing experience.

7. BrianMR macrumors regular

BrianMR

Yes, I use it and its great.

I also use NoScript on Firefox, a more expansive concept since whitelisting/blacklisting JS also stops Flash. There is FlashBlock too for Firefox of course.

8. Cali3350 macrumors regular

Remember that if you DONT want to use click2flash simply running safari in 32bit mode will save you a good ~40% battery life on flash heavy applications since safari wont need to run flash in a wrapper.