Anyone using a iMac with a Humanscale M8 Arm?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kat.hayes, Oct 16, 2013.

1. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking of getting a new iMac with a VESA mount to be used with a Humanscale M8 arm. Just curious if anyone else has done this with last year's model? If so, any opinions on doing this either way?

Thanks.

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I have an M8 arm that I got in 2011 and had my 2011 iMac mounted on it. I took the foot off and added the VESA plate. Then I wall mounted it. I found that the M8 didn't move as freely and effortlessly like a floating gyro as I had hoped, partly because of the enormous weight of the 2011 model iMac. That unit was sadly stolen in a home burglary recently (they unbolted it from my M8) and I am expecting my 2013 VESA edition iMac soon. I am curious to see how much better that performs on the M8 as it is considerably lighter. 19lbs vs 30lbs. I expect it will move easier, but not totally effortlessly.

I bought my M8 from ergoprise.com and really like the build and quality of the arm.

EDIT: Follow the link below to another thread showing the iMac mounted on the M8. That thread has tons of arm mounted setups, though I haven't looked at it to see any 2012/2013 integrated VESA iMac setups.

Arm mount thread with my setup.

3. kat.hayes thread starter macrumors 6502a