Anyone using a iPhone 5 LifeProof for 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lammercy, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Lammercy macrumors regular

Most iPhone 5 cases will work perfectly on a 5S but what about the Lifeproof? Does TouchID render an iPhone 5 lifeproof case unusable on a 5S?

2. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Lifeproof just released fré for the 5S, picked one up last Thursday and I'm so happy to have a lifeproof on my 5S. I can literally use it carelessly and never worry.

The cases for the 5 WILL work, however touch ID won't work because the home button will be covered. The fré for the 5S has a super thin plastic covering over the touch ID now, which allows it to be used.

3. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I'm sure the case will work fine but touchid will not work on the iP5 case. Lifeproof released a iP5s case with gortex on the button a couple weeks ago that works with touchid..

4. iphone46 macrumors regular

Put a 5s in one. Everything fits! Even the new flash. However, TouchID does NOT work :(

5. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Will not work in the iPhone 5 lifeProof but tried the one out for the 5s and it works perfectly. Its a really thin film over the home button which allows the touch i.d. to work...

6. rbh0514 macrumors newbie

There is a lifeproof or the 5S now, check their website

7. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I'm sure the case will work fine but touchid will not work on the iP5 case. Lifeproof released a iP5s case with gortex on the button a couple weeks ago that works with touchid..

----------

*I'm sure the case will work fine but touchid will not work on the iP5 case. Lifeproof released a iP5s case with gortex on the button a couple weeks ago that works with touchid..