Anyone using a LaCie 2big drive of any kind?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ByronicHero, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ByronicHero macrumors newbie

LaCie's 2big drive, either the current RAID or NAS variety, has its own desktop icon preinstalled. However, very foolishly, I reformatted the drive and lost it before saving it.

Would mean the world to me if anyone that still has this icon for the drive could do me a favor and share it. Please respond here or PM me if you're able to, thanks!

2. ByronicHero thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks G4, unfortunately that desktop icon page hasn't been updated in quite some time and doesn't carry any of the more recent icons. Also, LaCie Technical Support said they only have access to the ones on that page, hence why I'm reaching out here hoping someone has theirs still.

3. g4cube macrumors 6502a

The iconic look of the 2big hasn't changed much either.
    You can use the icons in that set for any drive volume you have on the desktop.

Simply do a Get Info on the 2big webloc file

Click to highlight the icon that is displayed in the upper left corner of the window that opens. CMD-C to copy the icon

Click to highlight the icon for the mounted volume icon you wish to modify.
    Do another Get Info.

Click to highlight the icon that is displayed in the upper left corner of the window that opens. CMD-V to paste the icon you copied above.

You may have to provide your password to provide privileges to modify a file icon.

Close all the windows and you now have a custom icon for your drive volume.

Enjoy!

4. h4nc0 macrumors member

I just reformatted 2big drive and lost the icon. Searched on the Lacie site but unable to locate the correct icon file. Anyone can help?

thanks.

5. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

The wife and have been running a LaCie 2Big 6TB Thunderbolt units for years. I don't have or know of a need for an icon for the drive on the desktop. We use finder to access our 2Bigs or any other drives as needed.

7. h4nc0 macrumors member