Anyone using a Moshi screen protector on their 2015 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Android300zx, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Android300zx macrumors regular

I ask because at my brightness set at the middle the screen looks too dim. Not sure if it's due to fact that I have a screen protector installed. As soon as I cracked open the box I applied the screen protector before turning it on to avoid getting dust under the screen protector. I suspect it's possibly dumbing down the resolution of the screen.

In order for the screen to be at a good brightness I have to adjust the brightness to about 70%. I ask this question because my battery is draining fast on my machine. I had a full charge and using it for about 15 minutes it's already down 82%. Doesn't last close to 6 hours. Just thinking maybe it's due to the brightness I have it set to.

2. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

I have Moshi screen protector on, and had to set my brightness 3/4 of the way up. I like Moshi protector, and will deal with the brightness. :D Of course our eye's are different, so yours may need more or less increase.

3. Android300zx thread starter macrumors regular

I wonder if it dumbs down the resolution when you have the protector on? Right now I have it set to the max (plugged in) and it looks tinted almost.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Resolution isn't the same thing as brightness.