Anyone using a portfolio type sleeve?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by still in school, Feb 21, 2009.

1. still in school macrumors 6502

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

hmm. It's not quite like that, but it's a slide-in sleeve. Orion, made by incipio. I think it's the only sleeve like that...

3. mshaf macrumors member

4. dborja macrumors 6502a

I have one and I'm very happy with it.

Yes, I think this is what the OP is looking for. Good find, mshaf!

5. still in school thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i saw that one, but according to the reviews, if i was to get something that big, i would like a place to put the power supply

How is the cushion? I was looking for something like the one i saw on amazon, so i can add a notepad and keep everything looking clean and simple made of leather (or faux leather)

how is the one from Orion? is there enough cushion for days when i decide to throw it into my backpack with a few books?

6. dborja macrumors 6502a

The Orion is strictly a slipcase. The material is semi-stiff and I think there's adequate cushion to be mixed in with books in a backpack. The fit is excellent for the MBA. When I travel, I intend to put my MBA in the slipcase then into a notebook backpack.

7. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Still in School,

I've been wrestling with the same problem. How to transport the MBA. My solution has been to go with an Incase Sleeve and a Ristretto for normal use. For meetings and the office I'm going to pick up a sleeve with a pocket to throw a notepad/moleskin into.

Two options

1. Waterfield Designs Sleevecase, horizontal w/flap and back pocket

2. Fabrix cases. Keep the MBA in the sleeve, throw it into a briefcase for work or travel, take the sleeve into meetings with a notepad in the back pocket.

Can't think of any other solutions.

8. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre