Anyone using a screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JawneeWin, Sep 18, 2014.

1. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

Is anyone using a screen protector on their new iPhone 6/6 Plus?

I kind of don't want to to fully experience that "seamless glass and aluminum housing", but I'm very clumsy and was thinking of using a glass screen protector.

Thought? :)

2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I am on the 6+. I've owned every generation of iPhone except the 2g and every single one had a screen protector on it. I don't mind a few scratches on the body but on the screen would drive me nuts. I used to sell iPhones for a living and let me guarantee you, 9 out of every 10 iPhones that didn't have a screen protector had scratches on the screen. Don't really care about if it feels different with one on. I can't really tell.

3. Tgrey macrumors regular

I will be using one, will find a high quality one, just to have less fingerprints and glare

4. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Since iPhone 3G, I have never used a screen protector.

5. akhilleus macrumors member

Haven't used a screen protector or case for any phone I've ever owned. Don't plan on it anytime soon either. Likely going to get the Plus, but I'm gentle with my stuff so I'm not too worried about messing it up. If I do then it's my own fault.

6. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Yes

I will be using a full body protector with no case as usual.

7. dave420 macrumors 65816

A lot of people will post that they've used a iPhone for years and never got a mark on their screen. They must be more careful, lucky, or not have good eyes.

Without a screen protector most marks I get are not visible when the screen is on, but I still may get a small scratch that is always visible every few months or so.

I recently just started using a glass screen protector on my 5s that I bought from ebay for $4. It is great because you can't even tell it's there. I don't have to worry about my phone being in my pocket with my keys, lighter, other iPhone, etc.
    I'm not sure what options are available for the 6. One advantage of getting the s series phones is that the accessories are a bit cheaper ;)

8. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Have my case and screen protectors ready and waiting for my Plus tomorrow

9. JawneeWin thread starter macrumors 6502

I got the Spigen glass screen protector

10. matty1551 macrumors 6502

Glass is hard to scratch. You guys must put your phones through some serious punishment!!

I've had just about every iphone and used them all without screen protectors. Don't think I've ever found a scratch on any of them. On the body though, thats a whole different story.

11. solo118 macrumors 65816

I bought a cheapie on ebay for the time being. I am not 100% sure if I want to use it if the protector is not covering the curved edges of the phone's screen.

12. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I bought the zagg glass one. I've never used the glass ones before but hear they are not noticeable, so I'm excited.

If you say you've never used a screen protector and never had a scratch then you aren't looking hard enough.

13. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm not. I hate screen protectors more than I do cases!

14. Paul S macrumors regular

I will at first. I ordered from Best Skins Ever. Not sure how long it will last on there, though.

15. macduke Suspended

macduke

I have a feeling that with the curved edges, the screen protectors are going to be peeling up on the edge pretty regularly. Especially when using edge gestures on these larger screens. It's going to look and feel pretty gross. I wonder if any companies are going to make ones that have corner cuts so that you can wrap on the edge. Still not too sure if that would work very well either.

16. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

Picked up a Zagg Glass for my Plus at my local ATT corporate store so I can put it on right out of the box, not sure about the Glass and the curved edges but we will see.