Anyone using an Adata S511 SSD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by idonotmatch, Jul 20, 2011.

1. idonotmatch macrumors newbie

I just put in an order for an S511 SSD and was looking around to see if anyone had installed one in their MB or MBP.

I know Adata is better known for their other products, but I figured I'd take the plunge and try out their SSD. So if anyone has any experience with one, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!

2. Philflow macrumors 65816

Should be a regular Sandforce 2200 SSD.

Hope it works out for you. Personally I would rather buy from a more well known company like OCZ, OWC or Corsair because they are more likely to come out with fixes/new firmware.

3. idonotmatch thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, me too. I figured why not take the chance, the advertised speeds look impressive.

It was between the 240GB force 3 and this so I went with this drive. The whole issue with upgrading firmware OCZ drives on a mac deterred me from going that route.

4. idonotmatch thread starter macrumors newbie

Just received/installed the drive...WOW, it works great so far and I'm very happy with the purchase. Hopefully it'll continue to work well. I upgraded my x25-M 160GB drive with this and am blown away. I have not enabled trim, just running it straight out of the box. I can't wait for my 8GB RAM kit to get here Monday so I can complete the system!

The SSD is installed in a 2011 15" MBP 2.0 i7 with 4GB of RAM

Here are a couple benchmarks for y'all to enjoy. If there are any specific tests anyone wants to see, let me know and I'll try to accommodate!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Philflow macrumors 65816

6. nickyhkg macrumors newbie

so after one month usage with the adata s511 with your mbp is it any good? did you find any problems with the trim command?

I would love to get one!