Anyone Using an iPad Pro with Their DSLR?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by choreo, Jan 22, 2016.

1. choreo macrumors regular

choreo

I have never owned an iPad, but have been considering purchasing an iPad Pro to use in my photography studio maybe with a CamRanger? Main reason would be to see more detail than the DSLR using Live View (on Canon).

I have seen lots of photographers using iPad 2's for this, but just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Pro for portraiture, product shots, etc?

2. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

Try the iPad subreddit if you don't get an answer here. I imagine if it works on the iPad 2, it'll be amazing on the pro

3. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

Pop in a eye-fi card, the camera will transfer every pic it takes immediately after shooting to the iPad, via wifi.
    Then you can view it on the ipad

4. calden macrumors member

calden

Second that, works really nicely with my Canon 5D. I'm not a big believer in using the iPad Pro for productivity but when it comes to photography, the iPad Pro is a really nice tool to have. So is the iPad Air 2 though so make sure the extra size is something you really need as there really isn't any difference as far as actual usage is concerned between the two. Also don't bother with the keyboard as I found it to be more of a nuisance than helpful do to iOS not supporting a mouse. You constantly have to reach up to navigate the UI which get's old really quickly. Ironically Tim Cook even agrees with this assessment, though he was referring to laptops with touchscreen's at the time of this his comment, it still applies to the iPad Pro, the user is doing exactly the same thing he/she would be doing with a laptop that had a touch display. I bet the marketing guys were furious with Tim Cook for that one.

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

How do you work with iPP and digital camera? What apps? I tried with Adobe Photoshop Fix and Pixelmator they are not easy to use.