Anyone using an iPad sim in an iPhone 4? Data only iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SimplyiOS, Jan 23, 2012.

1. SimplyiOS macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ive read about this before and was curious if anyone has or is currently doing this? I have an iPhone 4 lying around and want to basically make it into a mini iPad, just data on the phone. If anyone has any knowledge, I'd like to hear it. Ive researched this quite a bit and just wanted to see if anyone has hands on daily usage of it.

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Why dont you try it yourself?

3. Kimball macrumors regular

When I went to Thailand couple weeks ago I bought a data-sim since I only needed the mobile broadband and not the calling / text-part. Nothing strange at all.

4. jcasco16 macrumors newbie

Go to this site on ur iphone safari...'www.unlockit.co.nz" and select the network u want to use. Worked for me

5. antman2295 macrumors 6502

My mom has an iPad sim card in her phone, but it is working as a fully functional sim card.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

It depends on your carrier. I remember reading that ATT could read the device using the SIM and would stop people from doing that.