Anyone using an iPhone 4 and another phone with SIM adapter?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Just curious how this works.

Say I bought a Nexus One with a SIM adapter and swapped between my iPhone 4 and Nexus One. Is there anything else I need to do via AT&T or as long as the SIM adapter works I just swap SIMs and use the phone I want to use at any given time.

Thanks.

2. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

I am curious about an adapter. With my old iPhone (original version) I swapped the sim with a really cheap/simple candybar-style phone. Worked fine, just swapped th sim and no problems. This should be the same with any other phone such as the Nexus One. However, I am looking for a sim adapter to fit to the larger 'standard' sim card size. I was able to place the small sim in my candybar phone, but if i jostled the phone too much, the sim would slip and would no longer work, so I need an adapter. Any ideas?

3. jJames macrumors newbie

I've been switched sim between my iP4 and JBed 3G since I got the micro sim adaptor and has no problem at all. I also found myself using 3G more than iP4 not becuz I don't like it but i just I need an app that only JBed iPhone can do. Btw my microsim adaptor is pretty good, it tight fit and snap on so no loose sim between change.

4. Acejam2k macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4 32GB and a Nexus One. I've been switching between the two using a MicroSim adapter. No issues. Just pop the SIM card in and go. (no reason to call AT&T)

5. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I have an iphone 4 and have been using the micro sim with an adapter in my Sony Ericsson w810i. I cycle quite a bit and don't really want to have an all-glass phone in my jersey pocket if I ever crash :) Plus the w810i has 4GB of music and real nice headphones with a mic if I want to take a call while riding.

I used ifixit's guide and cut an old sim card to make an adapter for the micro. It works perfectly, and I did not have to set anything up. I'm not sure if I can access data when I use the card in my sony phone, because all I care about is calling and music playback with that phone.