Anyone using an original Pixelskin HD on iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by melman101, Oct 15, 2011.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

I just ordered two of these but didn't realize they were the original so the volume switch on the left is touching the case. Has anyone being using this case with the iPhone 4S? Any problems using it? It seems fine, I'm just nitpicking every detail.

2. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

If you JUST ordered them they will be the new ones. Only real problem would be the mute button, and maybe the camera cut out.

3. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

^^ Just posted the exact same thing at the exact same time.

Here's hoping for answers. Does it affect how you use your iPhone? And is it touching the bit near your volume buttons? If so, do you think you could use a bit of 'precise engineering' and cut a bit off to accomodate the switch?

4. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Probably. If you ordered it fairly recently just email speck and ask for a replacement.

5. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

I paid like $10 bucks for each on amazon. You think Speck will help me? I'll give it a shot. The only thing is the volume rocker. The camera is perfect.

6. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

10 bucks? Are you sure their legit pixelskin hd's lol? I say ask. Speck really does have amazing customer support.

7. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah I emailed Speck and sent them my Amazon order. I await their response :). The camera hole seems fine though.

8. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

Let us know when you get a response please?

9. drkash macrumors regular

I have the original HD case. On my 4s it fits fine. The only issue is the mute button is off by about 3-4mm but is still fully usable

10. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

What about your camera flash glare? Does it affect anything from what you've seen?

11. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I'm using the same Pixelskin HD case that I used on my Verizon iPhone 4. It fits perfectly.

And no to needing a bigger camera cutout. It's just not necessary. Just necessary for Speck and other case makers to make people think they need another case. No you don't.