Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kid84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2017
How do you feel ? Is this slippery on your hand ? And how was the button when you pressing ? was it hard to press or easy like Spigen ?

I was using the Apple Clear Case before and the button was very firm , hard to press !

thankyou

jrsheets

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2016
This case is horribly slippery and the buttons are very hard to push. I’m only using it until my spigen case arrives from Amazon. Im very disappointed that this $50 case is horrible compared to the $12.00 spigen cases I’ve used in the past.

Never mind

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2018
Dunedin, Florida
I threw mine into the drawer and will not use it since the buttons are difficult or a little bit more challenging to use. Very disappointed with Apple on this case. Now using the ESR air armor which is so much better.

D7F5579E-6DE7-49B2-9693-074EDF59C923.jpeg 6E84B351-2DBF-41B6-A04C-5975AA39E749.jpeg

Last edited:

kid84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2017
OMG ! Just placed an order , I will cancel it now , look like Apple doesnt care about this case , just release for make more money

Attachments

• 9B20723B-CDF6-4023-8FAD-507ED57F78CB.png
    9B20723B-CDF6-4023-8FAD-507ED57F78CB.png
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 396
Reactions: jrsheets

ScottC7

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
Orbiting Planet Apple
This case is horribly slippery and the buttons are very hard to push. I’m only using it until my spigen case arrives from Amazon. Im very disappointed that this $50 case is horrible compared to the $12.00 spigen cases I’ve used in the past.
I threw mine into the drawer and will not use it since the buttons are difficult or a little bit more challenging to use. Very disappointed with Apple on this case. Now using the ESR air armor which is so much better.

View attachment 973190 View attachment 973191
100% agree with these assessments. Mine will be returned.

FreeWoRLD83

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
I got both the clear case and the magsafe.

Clear case looks and feels cheap and buttons are hard. Slippery to hold as well.
Magsafe charger I don’t like it either. I can’t come up with a reason why it is better than charging with a lightning cable.

Returning both..

jgo78

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
i have the clear case and magsafe, looks good but like others said, it's kind of slippery and right button is hard but should loosen up over time. I still like the case and magsafe and will keep them.

jrsheets

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2016
Picked up the ESR clear case recommended above and absolutely love it! I would put it on the same level as Spigen which I have really liked their products in the past as well.

Reactions: HobbesInVA

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
My analysis as well. I returned mine this morning. Sticking with the silicone case until the leather becomes available.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
I have never bought a Apple case but was going to this year cause of the MagSafe magnets. Not for charging but for the magnets to stick to my car mount without placing a extra magnet inside my third part case.

is everyone saying these cases are terrible this year?

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
I have never bought a Apple case but was going to this year cause of the MagSafe magnets. Not for charging but for the magnets to stick to my car mount without placing a extra magnet inside my third part case.

is everyone saying these cases are terrible this year?
I have the silicone MagSafe case in Cypress Green and I like it. This post is specifically about the clear case. It’s very rigid and hard, plus the bottom is exposed unlike the the silicone cases. I just didn’t like it. I wanted to but I just didn’t.

HobbesInVA

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2018
Chesapeake, VA

View attachment 973190 View attachment 973191
I'm returning my Apple clear case for a refund. It's a terrible case - the back of it is slippery as snot and the buttons are hard to push. The final straw is....The bottom of it has a large cutout.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Glad to hear it's not just me on the slippery-ness of this case. it's wicked odd...also, yes, very hard to press the sleep/wake button and a lot of times - I put my phone away and don't realize it DIDN't go to sleep. I also have Otterbox Clear Symmetry and a Commuter level case and I'll just stick with them - those have been my go-to for a few years. Thanks for the tip on returning it, too. At $50, it's no joke.

HobbesInVA

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2018
Chesapeake, VA
Picked up the ESR clear case recommended above and absolutely love it! I would put it on the same level as Spigen which I have really liked their products in the past as well.
I purchased the ESR Air Armor case and been happy with it. Buttons have a great tactile response. The bottom of it does not have a cut out. The back of the case is not slippery. And the best part is....It doesn't cost $50.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5105973

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Guess I’m the only one that likes it. Yes it’s a bit slippery but oh well so was the Apple clear case for my 11 Pro. The white circle on the back has even grown on me. Ive used many clear cases for several of my many iPhones. Every one has either yellowed too soon, scratched too easy or cracked too easy. Yes even Speigen as that’s the yellowed case my wife is using right now because she likes the grip of it.

I haven’t found a clear case I like better than the Apple clear case. I use to get Power Support’s clear case but they stopped fitting well and scratched too easy.

Attachments

• D59EDEA5-9AC7-4F1C-92E2-0115CE2E7DAB.jpeg
    D59EDEA5-9AC7-4F1C-92E2-0115CE2E7DAB.jpeg
    547.7 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
I have the silicone MagSafe case in Cypress Green and I like it. This post is specifically about the clear case. It’s very rigid and hard, plus the bottom is exposed unlike the the silicone cases. I just didn’t like it. I wanted to but I just didn’t.
Thought i saw a couple people talk about the silcone too. Well i guess i can always return if i dont like it. $50 hurts for a case but oh well.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Guess I’m the only one that likes it. Yes it’s a bit slippery but oh well so was the Apple clear case for my 11 Pro. The white circle on the back has even grown on me. Ive used many clear cases for several of my many iPhones. Every one has either yellowed too soon, scratched too easy or cracked too easy. Yes even Speigen as that’s the yellowed case my wife is using right now because she likes the grip of it.

I haven’t found a clear case I like better than the Apple clear case. I use to get Power Support’s clear case but they stopped fitting well and scratched too easy.

The Caudabe one is prob the best, thinnest and protects from 6 foot drops i have used before. the buttons are like butter. Like they are incredibly thin!

Screenshot_2020-10-26 Lucid Clear - iPhone 12.png

Reactions: JuneJune

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
The Caudabe one is prob the best, thinnest and protects from 6 foot drops i have used before. the buttons are like butter. Like they are incredibly thin!

View attachment 974681
I am returning one of the Caudabe cases I got. My eldest daughter bought a 12 Pro and I was putting this case on her phone and it scratched it! And to add insult to injury it didn’t fit properly. Mine fit and didn’t scratch so I gave her my case. It’s the least I could do after scratching her new phone that she paid for from earnings from her own business. I felt terrible and even offered to switch phones with her since we have identical phones but she’s a sweetheart and said you can barely see it so don’t worry about it.

I also ordered screen protectors from them and they didn’t even tell me via email the screen protectors were back ordered. I found out when I opened the package this afternoon and it just had 2 cases in it and a printed note informing me of the back order. I’m pretty steamed about the whole thing.

I’m using the Apple clear case at the moment. I stuck a pop socket on it. Lol no it won’t charge with that on it but apparently unless I shell out another $20 for the 20 watt brick it won’t charge my phone particularly well anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.