Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidbf1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2014
Long overdue updating my S3!! Battery is still pretty usable, but my eyes would appreciate the larger screens!
Can’t decide between AW9 and AWU2, and just recently wondered about getting both - I’d wear the S9 when in the office (2-3days a week) and on business, and the ultra at home/weekends etc.
Seems like an extravagance I know, but if that was a big thing a simple £5 Casio knock-off tells the time just as well.

Monkswhiskers

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2018
Well, after all my dissing of the Ultra on here I picked one up as it was always my plan to wait for a good deal on a U1 to use for my long workouts whilst keeping my SBTi7.

I managed to get an open box U1 for £360, pretty good deal!

Well whaddya know, it took me a couple of days to get used to the size but now it is all I wear.

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
I upgraded last fall from my S5 and decided to go the same route. I usually wear an Ultra 2 and then have a silver SS S9 for when I need something classier for a meeting or event. It’s been quite enjoyable frankly; I really like having 2 different watches to match my daily needs. It is somewhat extravagant I agree, but I think it was worth it since I won’t be upgrading for another 4-5 years.

I think that if you can afford it, going with both is a great choice.

Reactions: davidbf1

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I mean, if you want to get both by all means ...
If you really think the Ultra is not suitable for "office or business", I don't know, I wear it everywhere, I do put a midnight or blue ocean band in certain environments as my usual are yellow or orange, but you do have choices of bands

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
I definitely would not say the Ultra is unsuitable for a business setting. The flexibility with the bands really does give you a lot of freedom. I went with the SS model alongside the Ultra partly because I think it complements certain clothing better. Also, the Ultra is huge and too big for me to wear under some of my shirts and hoodies that have tight sleeves.

mpaquette

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Columbia, SC
I was in the same boat - couldn’t decide and so I got both. I find myself wearing the U2 way more. I’m old and the screen is easier to see + the battery life is amazing. I work in an office environment and use an Apple link bracelet with the U2. I’m actually thinking of selling my S9 because it mainly just sits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.