Anyone using Bootcamp Win7 with Intel X25-M SSD (Gen2)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by philophob, Nov 1, 2009.

1. philophob macrumors newbie

I have Intel X25-M 80GB SSD (Gen2) with OS X 10.6.1
    I want to do Bootcamp Windows 7 x64 or x32 depends on the driver issue.
    I am wondering if it will be safe to use Intel's "TRIM" to optimize the SSD under Bootcamped Windows 7? :confused:
    Will it mess with OS X partition?
    Has anyone or is anyone using the Intel SSD and its Trim software under bootcamp with Windows 7?

I want to find out if it will be safe to use "TRIM" command under bootcamped Windows 7 with OS X installed on the same SSD.
    ;)

2. eMagine macrumors regular

eMagine

I have win7 running on a x-25m 80GB, it runs great, as long as you didn't update the firmware which Intel pulled 2 days after it was released.

3. philophob thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply.
    Maybe I wasn't clear on my first post. (I am running OS X on my Intel SSD right now, so I know Intel SSD works well with OS X)

What I wanted to find out is to see if I can run the Intel's new "TRIM" program (w/ new firmware) under Bootcamped Windows 7 without messing up my OS X 10.6.1

I am thinking it is quite possible to mess up the OS X as Intel's TRIM program is only designed for Windows 7 environment.

I guess no one has tried it as many people had bad firmware update and all. Such a waste and huge disaster. :mad:
    (I haven't updated mine yet)
    Anyways, I shall try this and report back as soon as fixed firmware update is available from Intel. ;)

4. eMagine macrumors regular

eMagine

the updated firmware does not affect os x for the 80GB at all - positively or negatively.

5. philophob thread starter macrumors newbie

So running Intel's TRIM tool doesn't mess up OS X as you stated.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

6. Hellicon macrumors newbie

I'm using windows 7 and bootcamp on an 80gb intel ssd g2, i updated to the latest firmware before they pulled it. Everything is still running fine.