Anyone Using Both a Back Slim Case and Sleeve/Pouch for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Techwriter, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Techwriter, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013

Techwriter macrumors regular

I've run multiple searches on this forum but cannot find a good answer.

For those of you using both a slim case and pouch for your iPhone 5, can you recommend a non-bulky sleeve that will fit? I've read several posts and checked Amazon but most sleeves cannot be used in conjunction with a slim case.

It nice to have a sleeve for those few instances when extra protection is needed.

Thanks in advance!

2. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

I was thinking along the same lines. Best of both worlds.

I received a tailored leather sleeve with my iP5 and was thinking I'd use it temporarily until I got another more typical shell-style case and ditched the sleeve.

I've since gotten used to the convenience of being able to just slip it into any pocket without worrying about the screen being vulnerable. The look and feel of a naked phone also has its charms.

But I'm still paranoid that I'll drop the phone, and wanted something that would provide better grip, and protect it while it's in use, so I got a slimmer dual-layer case (Evutec Karbon SP).

So now I'm thinking about trying to find a sleeve that will accommodate the phone in its case.

Of course, most form-fitting sleeves designed specifically for the iP5 won't work. A universal sleeve, or one designed for a slightly larger phone from another brand (like the Moto X) may work, albeit without that perfect tailored fit, and it would take some legwork to find.

According to Apple, the 5/5s is 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6mm and the 5c is 124.4 x 59.2 x 8.97mm.

Evutec touts their single-layer Karbon S as being 0.7mm thick, which would put it within ~1mm in two dimensions, and comfortably in terms of thickness, so a 5c-specific sleeve might work depending on material and tolerances.

I wish I could provide a recommendation, but there are too many possible variables involved with the different cases and sleeves, and with personal preference.

I'll probably end up with a looser fitting sleeve from Etsy or something.

Overkill, probably, but it would work for me.