Anyone using "exchange unlock" with current 5.0.1 jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PecanEater, Mar 29, 2012.

1. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

Wondering if anyone is using "exchange unlock" to block the need for a passcode when receiving Exchange email? I've never used it before but it's not working for me now.

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I'm interested in this too. Is there any solution to block an exchange server's requirement for an iPhone unlock passcode in 5.0.1? I'm so annoyed having to type in a password every time I turn on the screen.

3. 4nortons macrumors newbie

Yes, it works for me.

I'm on a 4s, JB on iOS 5.0.1 and "Exchange Unlock" is working fine. I do have to make sure my phone is not tethered when I boot it up. If I boot untethered the phone asks for my exhange password one time when it boots up and does not ask again until next time I have to power the phone back up from a cold boot. If I boot while tethered, the phone does not ask for the password at all when it boots, but then I have no access to any email accounts or previously entered WIFI passwords. If this happens, just untether, reboot, and all is well again.

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Hmm, yeah that's not working so well for me. I get errors when I use it (Cannot Get Mail, or just "Downloading" ..)

5. 4nortons macrumors newbie

When you boot up your phone does it ask you for the password? Once in awhile, mine does not ask for the password on boot up and then my email and stuff does not work. When that happens I reboot the phone and it always asks for the password once. After the one time password is entered, everything works normally. It's important, at least on my phone, that nothing is connected to the phone when I boot...not even a charger.

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I get that too sometimes and don't realise it until I see I'm not connected to wifi and when I try, it tells me the password is wrong when I know it's not. A reboot fixes it. Other than that, I absolutely love this tweak! I use my college email on my 4S 5.0.1 and I'm forced to set a passcode which I hate having.