Anyone using Fruux?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by wobegong, Aug 2, 2012.

1. wobegong, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

wobegong Guest

Just throwing this in, came across this a few days ago and its working great basically allowing me to sync my newer Intel iCloud enabled (Lion/Mountain Lion) Macbooks with my PM (Leopard) and also syncing between these machines and my personal Nokia N9 and my work iPhone 4 :)

So now eg. a Calendar entry I make on my Nokia appears on my iPhone, Leopard PM and my OSX 10.8 based laptops, pretty cool.

It's free and the one time I needed to email support I had an excellent and friendly response within about 15 mins. I believe good application developers should be praised and the idea behind this is absolutely fantastic - Anyone with a mix of iCloud and PowerPC hardware / non Apple phones etc. may find it worth a look.

https://fruux.com/

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I just use the iCloud Beta site as it loads fine on my G5, but cool.

3. aljmc macrumors newbie

fruux experience?

Are you able to continue syncing iCloud to Apple devices and also use Fruux to sync to PC and your Nokia?
    I finally have my iphone, macbook and mac pro syncing with icloud. Don't want to break that. But would like to use Fruux to sync with my Nexus 7 android.

4. wobegong thread starter Guest

Yes - I don't have the PC to sync but it would work with that also, currently I have :-

MacbookPro syncing to iCloud & Frux
    Macbook syncing with iCloud & Frux
    iPhone4 syncing with iCloud & Frux
    Powermac G5 syncing with Frux
    Nokia N9 syncing with Frux

This means all my machines are kept updated, the website is quite useful and the author responds very quickly to questions - regarding reliability I havn't touched it since I set it up (it's easy to forget you are using it on all devices). Good luck.