Anyone using iPad w/ Cradlepoint PHS300?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pjny, Apr 19, 2010.

1. pjny macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Anyone using the Cradlepoint PHS300 with a USB broadband card + iPad wi-fi? I have a Novatel 760 USB Broadband card and would like to get specs on how many hours of surfing you are getting with Wi-fi ipad.

I've heard 2 hours is max with PHS300, but there is a lower power mode that lowers the transmission range and adds about an hour to usage times.

I also heard the Wi-Fi ipad disconnects frequently with broadband cards:

http://jkontherun.com/2010/04/18/how-to-minimize-wi-fi-problems-with-the-ipad/

"The first problem I had with Wi-Fi on the iPad was exposed while using it with the Sprint Overdrive 3G/4G modem. This modem connects to the Sprint network and dishes the connectivity out over Wi-Fi. This would be the perfect solution for using the iPad over Wi-Fi to get mobile broadband connectivity. What I was immediately confronted with was the iPad was constantly disconnecting from the Sprint connection, and often having trouble reconnecting. The session would be working as it should and the iPad would suddenly disconnect and then I would have no connectivity at all."

Are you having problems with cradlepoint + ipad? If this doesn't work, I might just get the 3g ipad.

2. feliason macrumors newbie

I have had no trouble with my cradlepoint portable router with 3G or 4G cards. I did not try battery time, but I have a spare one when needed, car adapter and power cord.