Anyone using iPhone w/ BB data plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mindflux, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

I've got a BB Pearl on the way, which I'm unlocking and giving to my GF. I want to keep using the BB contract I have until my BB rebate is processed, since it requries me to have a BB data plan at the time of processing (not just time of purchase, booo).

Is this possible at all? Could I 'activate' my iPhone via AppTapp, drop my BB sim in and have it work with the voice/data plan until my BB rebate is processed?

2. bboz macrumors newbie

My brother is doing this on his corporate account and working fine. He is using the utility from AppTapp that allows you to turn on and off Edge, Wifi, etc... It allows him to configure the EDGE connection one of a few ways on T-Mobile. Not sure if it will work on AT&T.

3. seedster2 macrumors 6502a

I presently use my iphone with my existing T-mobile blackberry plan with no issue. I go back and forth between phones when im going out our taking the subway.

All that you will have to do is set the edge APN settings and presto you're ready to go. Even the friendly CS reps at tmobile will walk you through it.

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

My friend is getting an iPhone tomorrow and is on T-Mobile BB, you mean he's already set up for data???

5. Mindflux thread starter macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Interesting. Everyone at AT&T I've talked to said it would not work.

6. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

Of course they'll say that, because they don't want you unlocking your iPhone and doing what you want with it. If you did do that, they would say it is unsupported.