Anyone using Lion with a 2007 MBP Core2Duo?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jer9542, Sep 9, 2012.

1. jer9542 macrumors member

Hello, I'm running Snow Leopard on a 2007 MBP, with 2 GHZ ram. This is the computer I started college with, and so far, I don't feel the need to upgrade to a new one just yet ("she's" in mint condition still). I've been given a copy of Lion and here is my dilemma. I'm a little hesitant because, due to my systems age, I am unsure if it will cause a performance decrease that would ultimately warrant buying a brand new computer. I'd prefer to just increase the ram, but i'm curious if anyone is running lion on this mac (or a similar mac) that can tell me first hand if Lion is going to be detrimental to even the basic stuff (opening stock programs, etc). I greatly appreciate the advice.

2. AzN1337c0d3r macrumors 6502

Macbook Pro 2,1 (or later) is supported by Lion according to Wikipedia.

Honestly I would just stick with Snow Leopard. It seems that is the least buggy and most stable OS Apple has released so far.

3. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

I ran Lion on my late-2007 MBP (now sadly deceased though it is).

It ran fine for me; I saw little performance degradation over Snow Leopard, although I did have 4GB RAM.

If you wanted/needed to upgrade the RAM in your MBP, it is plenty cheap now.

4. nokian93 macrumors newbie

im running mountain lion on my other MBP, which is from July 2007. It runs perfectly fine with no problems, even had my first dj gig on it and it ran flawlessly!