Anyone using medianet with their 3G[S]?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lavinci, Jun 22, 2009.

1. lavinci macrumors 6502

Just wondering if anyone has been successful in their attempt to use medianet ($15 data package AT&T) with their 3G, not the 3G?

Thanks.

2. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

I'm wondering the same thing. i'm not having any luck.

3. lavinci thread starter macrumors 6502

4. nozebleed macrumors 6502

what is this medianet you speak of

5. Lakerfan210 macrumors regular

I doubt that somebody has it if they upgraded through apple or AT&T. Now if you purchased it off eBay or craigslist you might have a shot. On one of my 3g I'm still paying just $20 for the data plan which it was upgraded to that From medianet after I took the sim out of the Lg cu575 and put it on the 3g, but on my 2 3gs I'm paying the $30

6. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Yep, it works. I had to go and install a profile from help.benm.at to get it working though.

7. aneftp macrumors 68040

Yes, although I top the $15 medianet package from ATT. I am using the iphone 3g s with OS 3.0 on my family unlimited data $10 plan (If you have unlimited family text $30) you can add unlimited data on "dumbphones" for $10 instead of $15 medianet.

Works fine. Never had any issues. Although you have to use a little workaround for using an illegal data plan.

Before everyone goes flaming me about the $10 unlimited data plan with the iphone 3g s. The iphone 3g s is not my main phone. I am actually using 3 different phones and the iphone is mostly my weekend phone. I mainly use my unlocked G1 on ATT's service and my unlocked BB Bold on Tmobile.

I maybe use my iphone 3g s 4-5 times a month. Most of the time it sits near my bedroom desk without a sim. I mainly use it to surf the web or use it's ipod function.

8. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

What workaround did you use. I tried the benm.at and it didn't work

9. aneftp macrumors 68040

http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/

you gotta go from your iphone safari web browser

1. go to custom apn
    2.carrier: ATT (Than hit create profile).
    3. Confirm Install.
    4.Reboot iphone

10. jacobgaul macrumors regular

the post above me needs to be sticky bc i got my stuff to work on "family web" as well! and now mms works too! yahhhhhhh! see i dont mind paying $22.50 for iphone data (i get 25% off) but i have an issue paying that much if mms doesnt work..

11. Poeticashes macrumors member

I'm using the Unlimited Data and Text plan for 30.00 a month. Pretty much the same gist.

12. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

I'll have to try it again, didn't work the first 2 times.

13. QuadCoreDad macrumors member

I got it to work! :D

14. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

It worked for me on my old edge phone. I'm kind of scared this time around since the 3gs data plan is more expensive :(

I'm thinking I could wait one week or two before I do it...that's because I hear apple might bring mms then...if they don't ..it's their lost I'm getting medianet unlimited

15. lavinci thread starter macrumors 6502

Visual voicemail just won't function. I could live with that since I use youmail anyway.

16. jacobgaul macrumors regular

att vvm sucks major comapred to youmail plus with the youmail appstore app there is no point in having atts vvm i like having my voicemails saved in my email its great. just wish it could record calls/voicemails like googlevoice can, someday maybe