Anyone using OCZ SSD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacOSXuser, Jul 20, 2012.

1. MacOSXuser macrumors regular

What kind of firmware r u guys using? I have the old orgiinal Vertex and running a 'garbage collection' firmware, if I buy a agility or vertex 3 do I still have to update the firmware to use on a mac?

thanks

2. dona83 macrumors regular

I have an Agility 3. I upgraded from 2.15 to 2.22 because 2.15 forced the drive to SATA1 speeds in my 2010 MacBook Pro instead of SATA2. The drive is SATA3 regardless. I'm not going to enable TRIM until I notice significant slowdowns.

It's been a great drive so far, Agility drives use about half the power the Vertex does idle = better battery life. I used my Pro to surf for an hour on Wifi at night (keyboard light on, screen at lowest brightness) and the battery went down 10% in just under an hour. Downside of the Agility is it's about half the speed of the Vertex series with non compressible data but it's ok. It's still plenty fast and I like my battery life.

3. Ifti macrumors 68000

I was running a Vertex 2 240GB in my MBP, which ran perfect - never had a need to upgrade any firmware (its currently for sale in the Marketplace section... ;) )

Just ordered a Samsung 830 256GB this time round (instead of a vertex 3) since it came so highly recommended!

4. MacOSXuser thread starter macrumors regular

i have a vertex, right now running FW 1.5, should i upgrade it to 1.7FW? i have no problem with current FW.