Anyone using original Magsafe with Magsafe2 Converter?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by swiftbmx, Jul 30, 2012.

1. swiftbmx macrumors regular

...and would be kind enough to provide pictures of it plugged in? I just want to know how much it sticks out and if you have any issues with it. The new magsafe 2 is frustrating me way more than I'd like by unplugging literally every few minutes. Most time I don't even know it's been unplugged. I really miss the L-Type shape so I'm thinking of buying the old Magsafe with the converter.

I could only find the stock photo online but looking for what it looks like in real life.

Thanks.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

I don't have pictures, but it is about 1/2" long. Note that it won't be as tight a connection as the L-shaped adapter. That's by design, as the L-shaped adapter tended not to disconnect when the cord was tripped. What could happen is that sometimes the MagSafe 2 adapter would split from the L-adapter.

3. swiftbmx thread starter macrumors regular

I think that will be good enough for me. I also want the cable to go behind MacBook without having to bend it. Any chance you can be kind enough to post a picture?

4. KPOM macrumors G5

I'm out of town until Friday and don't have my adapter with me. It doesn't stick out that much further than the T-shaped adapter by itself.

5. swiftbmx thread starter macrumors regular

6. drubie, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

drubie macrumors member

Picture of Adapter

Here are 2 pics of the adapter connected to my rMBP.

Cable above the adapter is a thunderbolt cable to display.

Attached Files:

7. swiftbmx thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome, thank you.