Anyone using Pixelmator on the latest 13" MacBook Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Carl Sagan, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

How so?

I was running it on my 2010 13" MBP and it was ok - performance wise. The screen was a bit small but I found pixelmator was better with the the screen real estate then photoshop because it has less clutter - still a 13" screen is a tad small

3. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

It runs perfectly fine on my 2011 MBA so I it will run beautifully on a 2012 MBA.

4. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

Pixelmator isn't very processor intensive. It works great on my 2012 MBA

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Using it on 2012 13" MBA with no issues.

6. Razzosinni macrumors member

Did anyone test Pixelmator on the Haswell MBA ? I was curious about the performance. I need to do some light photo editing and I would like to know how does it handle it. It also has a decent price on the Mac App Store. :) I was wondering how good it is in comparison to Photoshop, which I've barely used.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I'm using it on my new 2013 MBA (Haswell) with no issue. Very fast.

Can't comment on PShop as I don't use it.

8. Ifti macrumors 68000

I use it on my 11" and it runs perfectly fine.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I click on the Launcher icon, and I put it in a folder called Photography along with my other pictures related apps. It's the easiest way for me to find it. :cool:

10. Razzosinni macrumors member

Thanks a lot. For those 15$ on the App Store, it's a no-brainer for me if it's smooth.
    I had to choose between a Retina MacBook Pro and the brand new Air a couple of weeks ago. I went with the Air because of the price, portability, thinness, battery life. Now I'm wondering if I made the right choice. As I started using OS X, I realised I wanted to do more and more stuff on this machine. And I doubt it can handle all the things I would like it to, such as photo and video editing and music production.

I'm talking about complex and expensive software, such as Logic Pro X or Final Cut Pro X. I am not sure how a MBA (which, again, is not that powerful) can perform this kind of tasks. I am not a heavy user, but I enjoy photo editing and producing beats.

I am sure I should have chosen the Pro for these things, but is there any chance my MBA can perform medium work ? Or I should just stick to checking my Facebook in Starbucks with it ?