Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
How so?

I was running it on my 2010 13" MBP and it was ok - performance wise. The screen was a bit small but I found pixelmator was better with the the screen real estate then photoshop because it has less clutter - still a 13" screen is a tad small

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
It runs perfectly fine on my 2011 MBA so I it will run beautifully on a 2012 MBA.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
Pixelmator isn't very processor intensive. It works great on my 2012 MBA

Razzosinni

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2013
Did anyone test Pixelmator on the Haswell MBA ? I was curious about the performance. I need to do some light photo editing and I would like to know how does it handle it. It also has a decent price on the Mac App Store. :) I was wondering how good it is in comparison to Photoshop, which I've barely used.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Did anyone test Pixelmator on the Haswell MBA ? I was curious about the performance. I need to do some light photo editing and I would like to know how does it handle it. It also has a decent price on the Mac App Store. :) I was wondering how good it is in comparison to Photoshop, which I've barely used.

I'm using it on my new 2013 MBA (Haswell) with no issue. Very fast.

Can't comment on PShop as I don't use it.

Razzosinni

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2013
I'm using it on my new 2013 MBA (Haswell) with no issue. Very fast.

Can't comment on PShop as I don't use it.

Thanks a lot. For those 15$ on the App Store, it's a no-brainer for me if it's smooth.
I had to choose between a Retina MacBook Pro and the brand new Air a couple of weeks ago. I went with the Air because of the price, portability, thinness, battery life. Now I'm wondering if I made the right choice. As I started using OS X, I realised I wanted to do more and more stuff on this machine. And I doubt it can handle all the things I would like it to, such as photo and video editing and music production.

I'm talking about complex and expensive software, such as Logic Pro X or Final Cut Pro X. I am not sure how a MBA (which, again, is not that powerful) can perform this kind of tasks. I am not a heavy user, but I enjoy photo editing and producing beats.

I am sure I should have chosen the Pro for these things, but is there any chance my MBA can perform medium work ? Or I should just stick to checking my Facebook in Starbucks with it ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.