Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackwills

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
I am about to get one cause i have seen a lot of good feedback on it and its price is very reasonable. It can keep my iPhone 5 light and and thin? :eek:I am currently using the Spigen Ultra thin Air case.. But it doesn't protect the edges of my iPhone 5, I dropped my phone once, already a visible scratch on the edge of it.
Anyone is using the Poetic Atmosphere? I want more pictures and feedback of it,,Pro, Cons. I wanna get the right case for my iPhone! :rolleyes:
Thank You!!

Apok

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
I have had one on my phone for about 3 months now and I really like it. Yes, its a tight fit to get the phone in and to get it back out. But that is the biggest con I have found, and not big enough to dissuade usage of it. I would also suggest buying it from Amazon, as that was the best price I found. All in all a damn fine case for the money.

jackwills

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
I have had one on my phone for about 3 months now and I really like it. Yes, its a tight fit to get the phone in and to get it back out. But that is the biggest con I have found, and not big enough to dissuade usage of it. I would also suggest buying it from Amazon, as that was the best price I found. All in all a damn fine case for the money.

Will it still keep the i5 light and slim?

Delta438

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Does it play nice with screen protectors for you guys? Last time I was using it, it was causing bubbles at the edges of the screen protector. Not sure if its because of the case or the fact that I was using a cheap nameless screen protector.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Does it play nice with screen protectors for you guys? Last time I was using it, it was causing bubbles at the edges of the screen protector. Not sure if its because of the case or the fact that I was using a cheap nameless screen protector.

i had a zagg HD that it was messing with. switched to Belkin Candy Sheer and its better.

Apok

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
I have not noticed any scratches on the back, and I do take it out from time to time to get the dirt out as some still gets in there. And I have not tried any wraps on it. However, being as tight as this case it, I imagine that any wraps would make it much tighter and far more difficult to get on and off. Its already pretty tough to get the case on and off as it is.

Tedya

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
I bought one from Amazon for $9.95. It is good looking and has an EXTREMELY tight fit. The one thing I don't like, and I consequently don't use it anymore due to this, is the rubber part on the bottom-top part doesn't fit snug. Mine is loose and therefore wouldn't protect that part of the phone if I were to drop it. I used it for a whole 2 days until I went back to my favorite case, the BELKIN Grip Candy Sheer case in black. This case is the best IMHO. Buy it at Verizon store as it is $8 cheaper than Amazon. Picked mine up with corp. discount for $11.

----------

Has anyone tried it with side wraps?

The fit is EXTREMELY tight without side wraps. Since I own one I c an say this. I bet the side wraps would come off if you tried to put on the case and you have side wraps on the phone. If they don't come off that way, they will come off when you try to take the phone out of the Poetic case.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
I bought one from Amazon for $9.95. It is good looking and has an EXTREMELY tight fit. The one thing I don't like, and I consequently don't use it anymore due to this, is the rubber part on the bottom-top part doesn't fit snug. Mine is loose and therefore wouldn't protect that part of the phone if I were to drop it. I used it for a whole 2 days until I went back to my favorite case, the BELKIN Grip Candy Sheer case in black. This case is the best IMHO. Buy it at Verizon store as it is $8 cheaper than Amazon. Picked mine up with corp. discount for $11.

----------

The fit is EXTREMELY tight without side wraps. Since I own one I c an say this. I bet the side wraps would come off if you tried to put on the case and you have side wraps on the phone. If they don't come off that way, they will come off when you try to take the phone out of the Poetic case.

Thanks

Balibalistic

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2012
i have the poetic up tempo bumper and its hnds down the best case or bumper i have tried. like it better then element.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012

----------

i second this...i have both and went to the belkin candy sheer also. black and neon green. they have other colors at the verizon store so may want to check it out.

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
I love my poetic atmosphere. The bottom rubber doesn't bother me one bit but the only thing I have noticed is that (at least the 2 that I purchased) the rubber coloring gets dirty real quick and the color becomes ugly. I did purchase the white and orange though, so those might be a bit easier to get dirty.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
I've seen like three different versions of the Poetic Atmosphere on Amazon by three different companies. Lol, pretty funny. I can't even tell which one's the original and which one's the knockoff anymore.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I got this. Had it on for an hour and took it off.

The bottom part, under the home button is very lose slightest touch moves it. Personally for me it's one thing I can't stand about cases.

Swapped it for the switcheasy tones. Still movable but a lot more solid.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
I got the knockoff from Ebay and it works great. This is still my favorite case going by feel. Now I have other cases that I like a lot better for looks but they always make me miss the feel of the atmosphere. It’s the thinnest full coverage case I've used. For some reason the loose part along the bottom has never really bothered me but I have heard a lot of complaints about it. My only complaint is how hard it is to get off the phone. It always makes me worry about messing the phone up but it’s gotten easier the more times I've done it. If you can pop the top left corner out then the rest slides off pretty easily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.