Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
downloaded the app and trying to use it but waiting for the "invite"

been trying outlook, spark, airmail and cloudmagic but nothing seems to suit my needs over the stock mail app. i made outlook my goto for a few days but gave it the boot too. anyone using polymail, how does it stack up to the others? also, anyone got a damn invite?

Reactions: thousand

rob5280

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014

been trying outlook, spark, airmail and cloudmagic but nothing seems to suit my needs over the stock mail app. i made outlook my goto for a few days but gave it the boot too. anyone using polymail, how does it stack up to the others? also, anyone got a damn invite?
[doublepost=1462413216][/doublepost]I have sent 3 emails and sent emails to hello@polymail.io asking when and what does it take to get the invite. Nothing yet

vladi

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
There are so many mail apps out there but if your flow depends on Gmail then your only option is Gmail/Inbox app. Simply using Gmail is like using IE 6.0 but that's a different subject.

If you rely on IMAP or EAS then other apps do a lot more than stock email app. I've always found stock app very lackluster since day one. But it was apparent from day one that iPhone was never meant for email or calendar. That's why we have a lot of 3rd party apps in those categories.

Try this http://www.easilydomail.com/index.html

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I ended up getting one from someone on Twitter. Polymail just gave me the usual canned speech about how they hand out a couple invites everyday and to keep waiting.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I've tried it a while back and I thought it was lacking quite some important features I use in my e-mail app. I'll stick with Airmail which is pretty reliable (aside from the badges not showing on my iPad and the missing feature of showing the attachments (icons only) above the message like Outlook does. Airmail is also nice but still buggy as far as badge icon is concerned.

See also this and this topic for further details and a comparison of all major e-mail apps.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore

So what exactly do you need in an email app?

For the stock mail app, my biggest beef was the lack of push-support for gmail. Currently using Airmail as well, because of the customisability, and the desktop app (I like being able to use the same app on all platforms). My favourite app is still Mailbox and it's a shame that Dropbox had to abandon it. Till this day, I feel that they get the swiping feature right, and no other company seems to have been able to replicate the "feel" of it.

Outlook is also a pretty good app, and probably the one to use if you just want a free app. Spark's a great app as well, but for some reason, it never resonated with me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.