Anyone using ProTools?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by danczer, Feb 17, 2009.

1. danczer macrumors newbie

Anyone using protools and finding it hard to remember the keyboard shortcuts? Im pretty new to it and cannot seem to remember any shortcuts and its rather embarrassing when im trying to be quick
    Anyone know of any tips for doing this better?

Cheers

2. nathanjbrown macrumors regular

3. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

PT HD user here. i used to have a template on my keyboard and that was an easy way to burn in the shortcuts into my head.

4. mediamaker macrumors newbie

protools covers

u should try having a look on editorskeys.com they do sticker sets for keyboard shortcuts for protools and quite a few others! think they do the silicone covers aswell, i use one of the covers and is so so so much easier

5. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

You might not learn them this way though. What I do is just use Pro Tools and when I come across a key command I don't know, I put it on a little cheat sheet. That way if I go to a studio without the PT keyboard, I wont be stuck. ;)

6. manmanchester macrumors newbie

I have used editorskeys since reading this post, not the stickers but the silicone cover things and its actually amazing! well worth about 30 quid. and when im not editing i can just take the cover off.

7. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

You could get KeyCue... but I'm not sure whether it works with ProTools... never tried... I have known the shortcuts since version 1...