Anyone using ReadyNAS nv+ on Intel Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dcl, Jun 30, 2007.

1. dcl macrumors regular

dcl

On a dual boot Macbook running bootcamp (Os X / Windows XP)

When running OsX, Will the ReadyNAS nv+ be able to back up both the Mac and XP partitions ?

and

When running XP, Will the ReadyNAS nv+ be able to back up both the Mac and XP partitions ?

or

will I only be able to back up each side, while booted into that operating system ?

Thanks
    Dave

2. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I have the same setup (MBP, ReadyNAS NV+) but I don't use their backup solution... I just use it for CIFS/SMB file sharing.

If you're pre-purchase, I can help test something for you if you like.

Edit: Now that I've reread your question, I would expect the backup should be able to access anything your current operating system can read. For instance, if you installed XP on a FAT32 partition so OS X can read it, I bet the backup would work.

On the windows side, you're going to have to install a 3rd party driver to read HFS volumes, such as Mac Drive. My experience with MacDrive is that it 'fools' the OS to mount HFS partitions like regular system volumes, so maybe it would work.

But since I don't use Infrant's backup, I can't honestly say... But I bet you would have the best luck in OS X with XP on a FAT32 partition.