anyone using SBSchedule?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by twisted-pixel, Sep 7, 2010.

1. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

Hi,

is anyone else using this wonderful app? I upgraded last night because it nows supports volume changes, but this doesn't appear to work. Just wondered whether it was working for anyone else.

thanks

2. jluce50 macrumors regular

Haven't tried the volume changes, but the brightness changing doesn't work very well either. It seems to lower brightness just fine but it won't increase it for some reason.

3. mphayvanh macrumors member

My iPhone 4 resprings and goes into Safe Mode every time I change profiles or a scheduled profile comes up.

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I have no crashes or brightness issues with it but sometimes some of the "switches" don't switch one way or the other for me.

Email the developer: openhebrew@gmail.com

He's been very responsive to my issues. He's in Israel so there is a time difference.

5. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I don't have that problem. Sounds like a software conflict with something else you are running.

6. mphayvanh macrumors member

I don't have anything else that touches the toggle settings. I'll try to reinstall. Weird that it does that.:confused: Thanks for responding. Now I know it's just my phone and not all ip4s

7. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

I just got it last night and seeing the same problem with the volume controls. I emailed him to see if he had any suggestions.

8. linuxidiot macrumors member

I've been using it for about two weeks and I agree that the brightness control does not work all that wonderful.

I would like to see:

• Fix brightness control
    • Integrate with calendar
    • On re-spring, re-apply current rule

I mainly would like some integration with the calendar so I could put in calendar entries such as meetings and such to provide me with a reminder along with changing profiles at the necessary time. There is another piece of software that does this, but I do like setting up timed profile like SBSchedule works most of the time. The calendar function would be for one-time events mostly.

So far the most annoying has been when installing some updates that require a re-spring, the profile is reset to the default. So if I had a silent vibrate-only profile running before, when it re-springs it is back to a ringing profile due to the switch being on ring.

9. cLin macrumors member

When you respring and it goes back to default, does it reapply whatever rule should be working after X minutes? Or how could you get the rules working properly again?

10. linuxidiot macrumors member

No, that is something else I wish it did. After a re-spring, I have to hold the Sleep Button to access the Quicklist to set it back to whatever Profile I wish it to be on.

11. linuxidiot macrumors member

FYI an update was just released. In talking with the developer about my re-spring issue he said people who were having issues should give it another shot with the update he just released.

12. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

Anyone know how to set an end time for a schedule? Or would I have to do something like this:

Set a work profile that starts at 0800 M-F
    Set a Lunch profile that starts at 1300 M-F
    Set another work profile that starts at 1400 M-F
    Set a car profile that starts at 1700 M-F
    Set a home profile that starts at 1800 M-F
    Set a normal that doesn't have a start time and runs any day

13. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

You don't so much set an end time for a schedule, just a start for another... So what you have described would be correct. You would need a morning and afternoon Work schedule as you have laid out...

Just FYI, I find it best not to use the timing schedule at all. I simply have a full set of pre-defined profiles and activate them manually by holding the power button and selecting the appropriate schedule from the list. I found that my actual timings were far too variable to rely on an automatic specific time...
    Hope that helps!

14. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

Trying myprofiles right now. It actually seem to work a lot better so far.

15. linuxidiot macrumors member

I liked MyProfiles, but what killed it for me was the specifying specific days of the week for profiles since I work 6:30 - 3:30 M, T, Th and F, but work 9:15 to 6:15 on Wednesdays.

I like location-based, but it seemed to take forever to kick in.