Anyone using the Axio hard shell with their MBP? (Booq review inside)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tom McMahon, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Tom McMahon macrumors member

I'm trying to find a decent, hard sleeve to put my MBP in and have yet to find anything.

I recently purchased a Booq Viper M2 to replace a Crumpler School Hymn and to be honest, I'm not impressed. The simi-rigid foam they advertise is easily less than 1/4" thick (more like 1/8") and not rigid...at all. The foam is basically backing for the nylon outer. It's actually a step back from the cheaper Crumpler.

Has anyone used the Axio Hard Sleeve? I've read one review and it really doesn't say much.

Another option I found (in Europe unfortunately) is the Crumpler Hard Suit. Looks a little more substantial than the School Hymn but with the current exchange rate, I'm looking at $100 shipped and I have no idea how tough it actually is.

WTF, all I want is something that can take some abuse, in or out of a bag, and in the process not jack up my MBP.

Sorry for the sort of rant. I'm just annoyed I spent $65 for a couple pieces of nylon canvas and a zipper.

2. DocSmitty macrumors regular

Seen good things about this.. check the forums, some people have used the MB version, this one is for the MBP. Now, this is more to prevent scratches and dings than protecting it against drops and such, but looks like a nice product regardless.

http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=205

EDIT: It's coming soon, according to their website. Guess only the MB ones are on the market right now.

3. a4abt macrumors regular