Anyone using the Dell Ultra HD 4k Monitor P2715Q for photo editing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dimme, Dec 20, 2015.

1. dimme macrumors 65816

I use a rMBP (late 2013) and a 24" Dell U2410 wide gamut display. I want to update the Dell and move it to another system. I use Lightroom and Photoshop but do not do much printing anymore most of my work is on the web, so I know the 99% of sRGB would be fine for that. However after spending 20+ years working in a Pro Color lab with the finest equipment I am spoiled. I shoot with a Nikon D750 & D90 and it is just a hobby but I take it pretty seriously ( like most people on this forum). At my last job I had the top of the line eizo display and although the Dell is not as good as the ezio I could start a project on one and finish it on the other. All I here now is 4k and 5K monitors so I would like the higher resolution but for my budget I need to choose between color and resolution. Any thoughts on the Dell P2715Q or should I just get the Dell UP2516 (which should be par with my current Dell)

Thanks

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Personally i got a UP2415Q for $350 on eBay this year. It works very well with my late 2013 rMBP doing 4K @60Hz. The UP2415Q is 100% sRGB and 99% Adobe RGB. Great screen for photo editing and general apps.

I would not be surprised if we see in 2016 the next generation of Macs move from USB and DP ports to having a couple of the new USB-C ports that run all protocols such as USB 3.1, TB3, and even old FW. That would set the stage for Apple to finally introduce an updated Thunderbolt display which would be 5K sRGB.