Anyone using the incase Mag Snap Case with the new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cdembek, Mar 16, 2012.

1. cdembek macrumors regular

Planing on purchasing the incase mag snap case and not sure if the camera will still align with the new iPad. Anyone test the fit yet?

2. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Also curious about this.

3. cdembek thread starter macrumors regular

Ended up buying the case. The camera opening aligns, with some spacing. However the cover is a tight fit.

4. JeffMorse macrumors regular

I've got this one too. It is a tight fit, but it is secure.

5. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Mine worked great on iPad2, but it won't snap on all the way to the iPad3 because it is slightly thicker. If you guys are able to get it on the new iPad, I'd like to know how you did it...:confused:

6. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I think there must be some quality control issues with the MagSnap. I've now tried 6 different ones (3 I owned from prior iPad 2's, 3 at the store) and NONE of them would fit the iPad 3 without warping the case itself or, in almost every case, causing the glass on the screen to flex from the pressure (not good!). Even broke a corner of one it was so tight.

Incase also marked the Mag Snap down for fire-sale pricing ($20) and removed it from their lineup of iPad 2 cases that they certify will fit the iPad 3.

So either "tight fit" above is code for "had to force it on there and its bowing on the sides and doesn't really fit at all" or they have minor variations in the size of there production runs.

7. JeffMorse macrumors regular

Weird. To put mine on I put the case on the desk, slid the new ipad into one side, picked both up and used finger and thumb pressure to seat the ipad in the 2 other corners. No drama, wasn't difficult.

8. FMJPhoto.com macrumors member

FMJPhoto.com

Yep, bought two at my local Target. Both fit the 3rd gen tightly, but do fit.

9. ReallyBigFeet, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

^ Like I said, I don't disbelieve you, but Incase sure doesn't certify the Mag Snap from the iPad 2 to fit the iPad 3, even though they did several other of their "legacy" lineup.

Legacy iPad 2 Cases Incase certifies to fit: http://goincase.com/products/category/iPad+3rd+gen
    Poor marked-down Mag Snap: http://goincase.com/products/detail/mag-snap-case-cl57970

Sucks too as a long-time Mag Snap user. I personally found that the best back case for my iPad 2's and loved the metal strips for holding back the Smart Cover. My only wish was that Incase had included that 'ridge clip' on the side to hold the Smart Cover to the back case.

I suspect its just variations on production runs.

Pic below is an iPad 2 Mag Snap case trying to stretch to accommodate my iPad 3. As you can see....Houston, we've got a problem.

Attached Files:

10. gadgetgirl88 macrumors newbie

works fine on mine

I did the same thing, first I tried one way and couldn't get it to snap in, then tried the other side first and it worked fine. You have to put it on with the more fragile side (the one the smart cover goes on) first and then the other. Also, FYI just picked one up at my local Target on clearance $18.99, great deal but they only had black, lots of them but all black, I wanted white, but took it anyway at that price.

11. Alvila macrumors newbie

I had the same one and for the life of me could not get it on for the iPad 3 , however I did get an incipo black which holds the the the smartcover perfect , only draw back no magnet in the back to hold smart cover. Other wise perfect, I'm sure they will come out with one that will fit the new iPad

12. gadgetgirl88 macrumors newbie

That is the one I was looking at getting until I found this one. I have a good clear/frost one that fit perfectly but I had thought the incipio or this Incase one might work with the dock since it doesn't cover the whole bottom, but no such luck. I guess no case works with the dock. The clear one actually cracked when I took it off to try this one, it was so tight. I like the magnets though, so I am keeping the Incase one.