Anyone using the new Moto 360 with an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jaaf, Nov 3, 2015.

1. jaaf macrumors newbie

What are your experiences? What are the limitations?

I'm thinking about getting a 360. I really just want something that can give me notifications on my wrist and easily customise the faces/information it displays but still look like a nice watch.

I had an Apple Watch for a couple of weeks but returned it because it looked too 'digital' for me.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

2. thatanonymoususer macrumors regular

thatanonymoususer

I can't say either way since I personally don't have a Moto 360, but I'd doubt that it would feel less digital. It's a pretty thick watch. You might want to check out the Pebble Time Round if you want a smart watch that doesn't feel like a smart watch right now.

3. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

Before I got my 6s Plus, I had a Moto X and had tried on the Moto 360. Now that I have the 6s Plus, I have an Apple Watch.

I'm surprised to say this, but I actually like the Apple Watch more than I like the 360. The 360 is HUGE and a bit awkward on the wrist. The 42mm Apple Watch manages to not look or feel gigantic, but the display is plenty big enough for info.

4. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I will test this today with my Gen 1 Moto 360.

5. bkhorn macrumors newbie

I have the LG G Watch R and the Moto 360. I was able to get both connected to my IP6s+. I did find that they cannot be connected at the same time. So I opted to keep the LG connected. It works for getting text messages seeing who is calling and other notifications. I am also able to answer and reject calls.

6. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I connected my 360v1 to my iphone last night. Working great.! Gives me exactly what I was getting from the Apple watch I returned with the exception of answering a call.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

AFAIK it's basically only good for wrist notification as you can't send much outside of hangouts messages and emails (this means texts are out of the question). Notifications are also "all or nothing" meaning whatever your phone would notify, so will the watch (apple watch allows you to set watch specific notifications). You also can;t answer phone calls, though I am unsure why you would want to, so that may or may not even matter to most. I personally wouldn't buy an Android wear watch unless I also had an Android device I was looking to use it with, where it will actually see all its intended functionality.

8. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

I had been looking at them as well. I really don't need smart watch functionality but it'd be fun to experiment at a fraction of the price of an apple watch. Well that, and I like more traditional round watches than square dials.

I had already seen where someone had created a custom "Sinn" face for the 360 but it looks like I'd have to have an android device to even import custom faces. Can anyone speak to this?