Anyone using the OtterBox iPhone 6 Case - Symmetry Series

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jharvey71884, Oct 24, 2014.

1. jharvey71884 macrumors 6502

Bought one of these last night when I got my iPhone 6. This morning, I was freaking out, because I thought my iPhone was actually bent. Turns out the case just seems to be curved the tiniest bit. Went back to BB today and they took the phone out. The phone is great. Just afraid that down the road if the case is bent, it might bend my phone.

My question is, is anyone else using this case and if so, does your seem to be straight or have just the smallest bend starting around the power button.

2. darkonex macrumors member

Yes I have one on my iPhone 6 and noticed this too, but looked closer and it seems to be by design. Seems like all 4 corners have a little more cushion to them giving it a slight bent look when looking at it from the side.

3. Timmeh8604 macrumors member

Can one of you show a side view of this case? Otterbox says it's the slimmest case yet but shows no reference to just how thin it is. The commuter was surprisingly thin, tried it on my girlfriends 6 at Walmart as I have a plus and was happy with the thickness. I'd really love to see how thin the symmetry is.

4. mhdena macrumors 6502

I have one, doesn't look bent to me.

Also have the Apple leather case that can't get out of its box to replace the Symmetry.

5. darkonex macrumors member

It doesn't look bent really, you can tell there's just a slight raise on all 4 corners of the case, hard to see but it's there. It's not like it's because it fits loose on my phone or anything because it doesn't, it's as tight as can be, so obviously it's just how it's made.

6. Timmeh8604 macrumors member

Side view pics please someone with this case. I'd really like to see the thickness over the commuter. Thanks in advance.

7. darkonex macrumors member

Sounds like an aweful lotta work, just find them online. :) Also it's thinner than a Commuter, the Commuter is more of a boxish thick case this one is only like a couple mm thick or something, it's too thin for my taste but I can't find any better cases in looks/feel than this one.

8. ATEspo macrumors regular

ATEspo

Strange how Otterbox's website says the Symmetry is 'coming soon,' are there any stores that carry them?