Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Hi

I have the SB SS watch with the SB Milanese Loop and love it. I am looking for a second band. The SB link bracelet seems unavailable.

Is anyone using the silver link bracelet with the SB SS watch?

Are there other type bands to consider? I don’t do well with many synthetic bands. The sports loop and even the leather loop (Not tried either) are an unknown as to whether I will develop a wrist rash. I tend to do better with SS bands.

Any suggestions regarding where I might locate a genuine SB link bracelet that is not eBay or CL type sites. I woukd orefer the SB to the silver, but I would consider the silver if need be.

Thanks.

BSG75

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2015
Tennessee
I found the SB link bracelet on the Apple Website for $449. You could also check eBay for a gently used one and save some money.
IMO, I'm not a fan of the clash between the regular stainless and the SB. SB and SG seem to work with everything except SS bracelets and connectors.

BSG75

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2015
Tennessee
You’re welcome! Sometimes the Apple accessory prices can be a little eye watering, but when you compare them to the Swiss straps and bracelets, Apple’s straps and bracelets look like a pretty good deal. Omega’s NATO straps cost $160. Yes, $160 for a nylon strap. They’re very nice, but I’m not sure they’re $160 nice!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I found the SB link bracelet on the Apple Website for $449. You could also check eBay for a gently used one and save some money.

Just a side-note: Use caution with purchasing the link bracelet off eBay. There are _a lot_ of counterfeit link bracelets that almost exactly resemble Apples, but they are not. You would need specific pictures from the seller, and definitely refer to their feedback before making any purchase for an OEM link band off eBay.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Just a side-note: Use caution with purchasing the link bracelet off eBay. There are _a lot_ of counterfeit link bracelets that almost exactly resemble Apples, but they are not. You would need specific pictures from the seller, and definitely refer to their feedback before making any purchase for an OEM link band off eBay.

Thanks. I plan to purchase from Apple, when I decide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.