Anyone waiting for the 15-inch MacBook Pro refresh?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lachero23, Apr 13, 2015.

  1. lachero23 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2011
    #1
    I'm struggling. The 13-inch one looks quite nice. But the 15-inch may come out soon. I just don't wanna regret if I buy a 13 inch now and regret very soon when the new 15 comes out. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
     
  2. ZBoater macrumors G3

    ZBoater

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Location:
    Sunny Florida
    #3
    You need to decide. 13" or 15". Then either buy now or wait.

    Availability should not factor into your need.
     
  3. mag2001 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 24, 2007
    Location:
    San Antonio, TX
    #4
    I am replacing my 2009 iMac hopefully with a 15 inch MBP but not sure if I should wait for a refresh or buy now. The cheapest I have found the base 15inch model is 1799.
     
  4. leman macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2008
    #5
    I am waiting! But I am quite happy with my 2012 rMBP, so I have no urge to update for the current model. I can certainly wait until the (hopefully redesigned) Skylake one comes out either later this year or earlier next one.
     
  5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

    bigjnyc

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2008
    #6
    I'm waiting to replace my 2009 C2D, which is getting a tad slow but still useful so I don't have any rush. No way I would get a 13" after being used to the 15" screen all these years. Those 2 inches make a big difference :p
     
  6. JTToft macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2010
    Location:
    Aarhus, Denmark
    #7
    - If your eyes can handle it, you can actually get more screen real estate on the current 13" models than you have on your 15".
     
  7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

    bigjnyc

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2008
    #8
    I have to imagine that the resolution will be bumped up on the new 15" as well, since I'm in no rush to update I rather wait.
     
  8. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

    WeemanWise

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2009
    Location:
    PDX
    #9
    I'm waiting for the skylake refresh. Hoping that they add the space grey option at the same time as well as that new keyboard.
     
  9. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2014
    #10
    Yea it's wroth the wait IMO. But if u need it just get it
     
  10. ZBoater macrumors G3

    ZBoater

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Location:
    Sunny Florida
    #11
    I'm waiting for the Cannonlake update. That one is definitely going to be dabest. I'll struggle along with my laggy Broadwell until then. Not sure how I'll manage.
     
  11. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2013
    #12
    If

    you are going for the base model broadwell will make little difference and a deal on a 2014 is probably worth it.

    If they go to 512gb standard for ssd you may kick yourself though. and if they skip broadwell and go to skylake also.
     

Share This Page