Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthewskyle

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
Seems to be a growing trend to pre-order the product after a 20 minute showing that most didnt even watch. Wonder how many would buy a car without ever driving it. Oh well, to each his own. I personally want to see this new display first. :D

homeboy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
London
Having been an iPad 2 users my eyes are often rejuvenated when ever I look at an iPhone 4. The screen is so much better and is the only time I envy a feature held by another device.

My biggest wish for the new iPad was the retina display and it has got it. My cash is ready.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Seems to be a growing trend to pre-order the product after a 20 minute showing that most didnt even watch. Wonder how many would buy a car without ever driving it. Oh well, to each his own. I personally want to see this new display first. :D
Return policy = Test Drive. So by preordering we are ensuring we get to try it out right away AND keep it if we like how it handles.

Last edited:

Techwriter

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
I do agree about waiting. But I have waited two years already and when I knew that this version would definitely have Retina, I whipped out the credit card. Let's hope there isn't a light bleeding or other issue. I can't wait until next week.

Bradllez

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2012
Orlando
You can wait to see one all you want.

If you decide you want to buy one after checking it out firsthand, good luck actually purchasing one for a month or two.

/bradllez

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007

You are comparing Apples to oranges. These products are very well known for the most part. How much of a stretch is it to imagine a faster, clearer iPad, with a better camera?

But to answer your question, there are a LOT of people on waiting lists for Nissan Leaf's, Chevy Volts, Toyota Prius plug-ins, and Tesla Model S and X, and they've never touched them.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
$500 isn't a big risk, especially when you can return it for a 100% refund within 14 or 30 days. Much less of a risk and hassle than buying and returning a car.

Plus, if you already use an iPad 2 then you can kind of imagine the new features. Its not like its going to feel or work much differently than it already does. So its not hard to think "if I like the iPad 2 and the iPad 3 is the same just faster and even better display then I should be fine with it."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.