Anyone want an HD-DVD drive cheap?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by GFLPraxis, Apr 28, 2008.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Not sure where to post this but I know you folks in the gaming section'll be interested. Mods can move it if they disapprove.

I just ordered a HD-DVD drive for that new PC I'm building. Geeks.com is having a clearance I suppose.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=BLK-SD-H802A-DO-R&cm_mmc

$20 for a HD-DVD drive is too good to pass up, even if the format's future is dead. It still plays DVD's and already-released HD-DVDs. They also sell Wii component cables for $5 if anyone wants them. Just thought I'd let the rest of you know :D

I'll post if it works on a Mac once it arrives. But it'll probably be a week.

*ducks flying objects thrown from Ed*

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

How?

3. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Considering that most DVD-ROM drives are around that price, and HD-DVD movies are now bargain-bin prices, it's a screaming deal if you've got a machine you can slap it in.

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

or when it comes time to copy over your HD DVD's to BD-R's... :eek:

;)

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd like one for £10, be a nice extra drive. Could dump double as many DVDs in MacTheRipper.

6. MacAodh macrumors regular

... it's one of those things that you really shouldn't pass up it's such a deal, but then again, it's pointless really to most people

7. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Well, I figure I'll be finding HD-DVD's in the bargain bin soon :)

8. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

If one were to buy this and an external firewire enclosure, would they be able to watch/burn/rip HD DVDs on a macbook?

9. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

That is actually a pretty good deal, there are plenty of HD-DVDs movies released and they should be pretty cheap now, it's a great deal to watch a few movies in hi-def without breaking the bank.

10. Macjames macrumors 6502a

HD DVD's are not bargain bin prices were i live. They sell the xbox add-on for £40 and films for a round £25, but what is ridiculous is that the first season of heroes is £80. Outrageous.

Thankfully i decided to wait it out and i am so glad i did!

11. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i bought the xbox 360 HD-DVD addon today for $40. I needed an external drive for my Eee PC so this should fit perfectly and for less than most :D Thanks Toshiba!

12. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

wow, I paid full price for mine and love it. I use it on all my machines that didn't come with a dvd drive. X61

13. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

lol scratch that, i got mine for $20! futureshop.ca had a big sale so they refunded me the extra $$$ I paid. ****ing steal

14. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

Anyone know where I can get a bunch of cheap hd disks. tons of great movies were made for HD DVD