Anyone want more dynamic wallpapers?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Russiaone, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Russiaone macrumors 6502

I can only assume Apple hasn't approved of devs creating live wallpapers yet, but i really hope this becomes a reality soon.

The stock ones get old REALLY quickly. Even though i absolutely LOVE many Android live wallpapers, i can only imagine iOS ones would be even better.

Anyone else want more?

2. tobeornottobe macrumors regular

yes, I wonder why they wouldn't allow it in the first place.

3. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

4. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

yes i can't wait! the small amount of stock ones are getting boring.

5. Russiaone thread starter macrumors 6502

if done well live wallpapers use up little to no battery. I have a graphically intense 3D wallpaper on my 2013 Nexus 7, and even with heavy use (Netflix, gaming, web surfing, switching between apps) i get around 20 hours of use before a battery charge is needed.

6. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Battery life on my ipad air is virtually the same with dynamic wallpapers. Also on my 5S.

7. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

They don't seem to effect that much (if at all) battery life on my iPhone 5s. I get more or less same amount of battery life as I would with static wallpaper. And yes, more wallpapers would be nice. Maybe Apple will change that on iOS 8 and open it up for developers to create more.

8. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

Yes, please!

Remember the liveliness of the 12 Days of Gifts app? That one as a wallpaper for Christmas would've been awesome.

9. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

They pause in the background.

Would love to see more. Would be cool to have dynamic wallpaper based on contents in your photo roll and music app.

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Im sure someone asked for that in the current Wallpaper thread and it was posted as a wallpaper.

11. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

sure, why not...Apple added in Dynamic wallpapers but doesn't seem to be a way to add your own. so, they mast as well offer up some more...or a way to build them.

**I don't use them, but know some might

12. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

Live wallpapers aren't much of a battery hog on most modern Android devices.

13. as11ley macrumors 6502

as11ley

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Apple will include more Dynamic wallpapers with the 7.1 Golden Master like they did with the 7.0 Golden Master.

14. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I want more. But my old iPhone 4 doesn't support them. But I use them on my iPad and love them. We need more.